Date: Mar 25, 2011
Title: Spring 2011
Spring - Nature's Way to Say . . .
Come Enjoy Ogunquit!
After a long, cold winter with over 70 inches of snow, it's time to enjoy the sweet sounds of spring in Ogunquit. The perfect getaway is waiting for you at the Meadowmere - after all, we want to share this season!
Chickadees and robins will reappear to sing along Marginal Way. The buds will be on the trees and the waves will be crashing on Ogunquit Beach. It's time to feel rejuvenated in Ogunquit!
Be sure to keep in touch on Facebook and Twitter - we love the comments and photos that you have shared. Check out our blog for service stories at the Meadowmere. We'll have a chair ready for you by the indoor pool!
Across the Meadow Spring 2011
Spring Clean - With Hot Updates & Cool Drinks!
From Martinis 'n' Music to Country Squire Renovations, Spring has arrived!
West Meadow Pub Offering Martinis & Live Music
Live music and new martini creations are flowing out of the West Meadow Pub. Come in and sit by the fire; enjoy a beverage and live music; try a yummy bowl of our clam chowder. The pub is the perfect place to unwind in the evening! Click for pub details.
Updates Arrive at the Country Squire
Warmer weather is on its way - that means it's time for the Country Squire building to re-open for the season. Over this dreary winter, renovations have been under way, including new windows, updated bathrooms, updated decor and our usual spring cleaning from top to bottom! The Country Squire opens starting April 15th - just in time for Patriot's Day!
Meadowmere Fitness Center Renovations
You look maaarrr-velous! Our men's and women's locker rooms have under gone a transformation. The new saunas and luxurious new look deliver an upscale spa experience. In our opening rotunda, a new nook provides cozy seating to await treatments at our day spa. We welcome you to visit this award winning amenity and enjoy classic massage, facial and LaStone spa services. Click for more on the Day Spa.
Facebook Deals - Did You Get Yours?
Ogunquit by the Sea Spring 2011
Spring Means Savings
Spring has the best deals - from festivals to spa to dining. Pack up your bag and head to Ogunquit to enjoy a quick getaway.
Hop into Ogunquit for Easter
The Easter Bunny loves Ogunquit! From yummy treats at Harbor Candies to a weekend filled with brunch at Jonathan's and Clay Hill Farm's egg-ceptionalegg hunt. Pack your bonnet and bathing suit for our hotel's egg-cellent Easter Celebration!
One by Land, Two - Come to Ogunquit by the Sea!
Sure baseball is back and ducks are making their way around town, but the Ogunquit Patriot's Day Festival is the place to be in April! Come enjoy historical characters walking the streets, mustering, craft show, re-enactments, kids' carnival, cookouts, Casino Night, Midnight Madness, Taste of the Town and so much more.
May Day, May Day - A Maine Vacation Ahead!
May at the Meadowmere celebrates Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day, Victoria Day and Memorial Day. From dining to spa to shopping packages, there's a reason to visit every weekend!
Rather make a midweek escape? Remember our Hospitality for Habitat and Marginal Way Stays! You can receive 50% off your accommodations with your donation. It's a good stay, doing good.
To learn about Hospitality for Habitat Stays, click here
To learn about May Stays for Marginal Way, click here.
Fun in the Sun Starts in June
Summer kicks off with World Ocean Day Weekend, Father's Day, Surfing Packages and Ogunquit Restaurant Week! Take a behind the scenes tour of our environmental programs - including solar panels, recycling and the Global Soap Project - June 10-12. Check off the bucket list with our Om & Foam Surfing/Yoga escape starting June 1. Enjoy the famous cuisine that Ogunquit and Maine has to offer during Ogunquit's Restaurant Week June 5-9. June is when summer starts to sizzle!
To learn more about World Ocean Weekend, click here
To learn more about Om & Foam Surfing Vacations, click here
Quick Trips to Ogunquit Maine Spring 2011
Check out these dates for your spring escape!
April - Flowers & Festival Fun
- April 8-10: Guest Appreciation Weekend
- April 15-17: Patriot's Day Festival
- April 15-24: Spring Break / April School Vacation
- April 15-24: Make the Grade Getaways
- April 22-24: Easter Egg-scapes
- April 24-May 19: Hospitality for Habitat
May - Celebrations & Long Weekends
- May 1-26: Marginal Way Stays
- May 6-8: Cinco de Mayo Weekend
- May 6-8: Southern Maine AIDS Walk
- May 6-8: Mother's Day Weekend
- May 20-22: Victoria Day Weekend
- May 27-30: Memorial Day Celebrations
June - Summer Begins by the Sea
- June 3-5: Fine Living Festival
- June 10-12: World Oceans Day Celebration
- June 17-19: Father's Day Weekend
- June 24-26: Strawberry Festival
- July 1-5: Fourth of July Celebrations
Quick Trips - Spring Package Getaways
- Eat, Drink, Be Merry - Weekday & Weekend Dining
- Mind Body Spirit - Spa & Wellness
- Girlfriend Getaways - Weekday & Weekend Shopping
- Make Me A Chef - Stonewall Kitchen Culinary Escape
- Tee & Sea - Golf & Dining Getaways
Taste of Maine . . . At Home This Spring 2011
Feile Restaurant & Pub Classic Shepherd's Pie
The word Feile
means hospitality and generosity. Nearly everything is home made in this kitchen, including the house brined corned beef. Set in the historic Lindsey Tavern, you'll feel transported to an Irish pub right in Wells, Maine. This recipe is perfect to take the chill out of the Spring air - enjoy!
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound white mushrooms
- 1 Gallon Beef Stock (if not homemade, Feile recommends Kitchen Basics brand)
- ¾ pound unsalted butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 oz. fresh thyme
- 1 oz. fresh rosemary
- 1 bag frozen corn (thawed) - or if u can, fresh!
- 1 bag frozen peas (thawed) - or if u can, fresh!
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pot heat stock with herbs. Herbs may be left whole, making it easier to remove stems afterwards. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes to allow herbs to flavor the stock.
- Melt butter in large sauté pan. Incorporate flour into butter to create a roux.
- Cook roux on stove top stirring frequently until it becomes golden brown.
- Brown ground beef in a large pan over medium high heat or place on a sheet pan and roast at 400 degrees making sure to cook the meat throughout. After beef is cooked, drain the fat, allow to cool and crumble the meat.
- Sauté mushrooms in oil until browned, drain and reserve.
- After stock has simmered remove herbs with a strainer or pick out with tongs.
- Incorporate hot roux into the stock with a whisk until the mixture has thickened and is smooth. Strain if necessary.
- Once roux is at the desired consistency season to your liking and stir in the ground beef and mushrooms making sure to break up any large pieces of the ground beef.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and spread a layer of peas and corn to cover the ground beef mixture. For an authentic dish, top with your favorite mashed potatoes.
- Bake in an oven until browned and heated through.
Discover the Heart of Ogunquit, Year Round by the Sea
Are you the new Spring 2011 Winner of a 2-Night Escape to the Meadowmere Resort?
Please feel free to forward this newsletter to any friends you think need a relaxing vacation by the sea. They can also enter our quarterly sweepstakes by visiting us at our website: www.meadowmere.com
Please note: We appreciate your readership and respect your privacy. We absolutely do not sell or exchange email addresses or any subscriber information. As a subscriber to From the Meadow updates you are always automatically entered in four sweepstakes drawings each year and may receive information periodically on internet specials, birthday and anniversary wishes from us.