Date: Dec 12, 2011
Title: Winter 2011
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle All the Way . . .
To the Meadowmere this Winter Season!
Our stockings are hung in the West Meadow Pub,
As we wait for Santa to visit the Meadowmere.
With lights strung high and garland all around,
Come visit us at the 'Mere and share our cheer!
Has holiday shopping tuckered you out?
Come enjoy a Maine escape with us.
From dining, spa and Stonewall Kitchen packages, you're sure to recharge by the sea.
Happy Travels & Happy Holidays!
Across the Meadow Winter 2011
Upgrades, Giveaways & New Getaways for You!
It's that time of year again - When we take our best and make it better for you!
Luxury Suites Get a Little Pampering
Our guest favorite suites are getting some TLC. It's time to freshen up a bit - And we're doing so with bathroom renovations. The new modifications to the bathrooms will provide a more luxurious and spacious experience.
West Meadow Heats Up
You spoke, we listened. Our West Meadow renovations include a new heat and cooling system which will free up space both in room and on your private balcony. So next stay, enjoy more space and the view of our outdoor pool. And finally, the system once again increases our efficiency as part of being an Ogunquit Environmental Leader
Make the Grade Getaways Get An A+!
Good grades are good things. And you loved our Make the Grade getaways so much, we're bringing it back!
When school vacations come, it's time for some fun. And savings. The Meadowmere is rewarding homework, attendance and being the teacher's pet: Show us your current report card with Straight A's from any middle or grade school and you can save 20% during school breaks.
Miracle on Main Street December Giveaway
"Christmas isn't just a day; it's a state of mind" - Miracle on 34th Street
The holidays are so much fun at the Meadowmere and our Great Pumpkin contest is so popular, we're mixing the two! From December 1-31, guests visiting the hotel are guessing how many feet of garland decorated the hotel this year. One lucky guess will win a complimentary night's stay.
Ho-Ho-Ho - A Jolly Good December Special Awaits!
Come relax by the sea - every good Santa deserves a Spa Getaway! Enjoy two nights with 30 minute spa treatment and over $600 in Kittery Outlet coupons this December - for just $220 for two people!
Arrival Sunday - Thursday, December 12-22. Spa & Outlet Special Resort Doubles $220 based on two people, before tax. Savings 40%. Limited rooms available.
Ogunquit by the Sea Winter 2011
Winter in Ogunquit - The Essence of Beauty & Peace
Sweet escapes to Maine can happen all winter long. From New Year's fun to romance, wine tastings to Valentine's - We welcome you to Ogunquit.
Happy New Year! Ring in 2012 by the Sea!
Make your New Year's resolution at the Meadowmere. Celebrate with friends and family on our special New Year's Package. Your getaway includes a Cabot Cheese & Wine Sampler, New Year's Day Brunch, extended check out and Jonathan's Famous Upstairs/Downstairs Party. Dance the night away after your choice of dinner seating: Jonathan's Early (5pm), Jonathan's Late (8pm) or Old Village Inn. Starting at $279 per night.
A sell out every year!
Valentine's Be My Sweetheart Escape
Valentine's Day sneaks up on you. Get a jump on surprising your sweetheart this year. Choose from two weekends and wisk your sweetie away: February 3-5 and February 10-12. Be Mine packages include Chocolate & Champagne welcome, romantic dinner for two, breakfast each morning and tickets to live concert.
Time for Romance in Ogunquit!
February 3-5, 2012 Valentine's Saver Concert TBA.
February 10-12, 2012 Valentine's Concert All Together Now Beatles Tribute
Winter Wine & Beer Tastings
With much anticipation, our March Wine Weekends return! But wait, you wanted beer. So this year, our Tasting Weekends also include Beer Weekends. Come enjoy our 3rd Annual Tasting Weekends - We welcome you to mix and mingle with guests while learning more about wine or beer pairings. Package includes Cabot Cheese Wine Welcome, breakfast each morning and an intimate 5 course tasting dinner at Jonathan's.
Wine & Dine Weekends - March 2-4 & 9-11
Beer & Dine Weekends - March 16-18 & 23-25
Take a Break & Eat, Drink, Be Merry
Our most popular vacation experience! Melt off winter stress. If you are looking for one night midweek or a weekend getaway, our classic dining package is perfect. Available on all room types. When the time is right, you can always Eat, Drink & Be Merry in Maine at the Meadowmere!
Quick Trips to Ogunquit Maine Winter 2011
Check out these dates for your Maine vacation!
December - Celebrate 2012 by the Sea!
- December 24-25: Christmas Kids Crafts
- December 25-30: Holiday Vacation Week
- December 30: Martin Sexton Live at Jonathan's
- December 30-January 1: New Year's Celebration at the Meadowmere
January - Baby It's Cold Outside
- January 13-16: Martin Luther King Weekend
- January 14: Suede Live at Jonathan's
- January 20-22: Eat Drink Be Merry in the Hot Tub
- January 27-29: Mind, Body, Spirit Spa Refresher
February - Cure Cabin Fever, Jump in the Pool
- February 3-5: Valentine's Saver Weekend, Live Concert
- February 10-12: Valentine's Weekend, Live Beatle Tribute
- February 17-20: President's Day Weekend
- February 17: Paula Poundstone Live at Jonathan's
- February 20-26: Winter School Vacation Break
- February 24: Leon Redbone Live at Jonathan's
March - Mardi Gras, Tastings & Maple Syrup Delights!
- March 2-4: Wine Tasting Weekend
- March 9-11: Wine Tasting Weekend
- March 16-18: Beer Tasting Weekend
- March 16-18: Ogunquti Mardi Gras Celebration
- March 16-18: Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- March 23-25: Beer Tasting Weekend
- March 23-25: Maine Maple Weekend
Quick Trips - Winter Package Getaways
- Eat Drink Be Merry - Our Classic Dining Escape
- Make Me A Chef - Stonewall Kitchen Culinary Package
- Mind Body Spirit - Massage, Yoga & Wellness Package
- A Mainely Romance - Ogunquit Honeymoon Getaway
- Martin Luther King Getaway - Spend a Long Weekend in Maine!
Taste of Maine . . . At Home This Winter 2011
Robert's Maine Grill - Classic Pan Seared Crab Cakes
Robert's Maine Grill is a big, bustling, casual, full service restaurant in the midst of the Kittery's Route 1 shopping district with beautiful views of Spruce Creek. Robert's is traditional like many places in Maine and shows flashes of modern trends in products and recipes, simple robust flavors, a lively bar, raw bar and deck dining on the water.
- 2 tablespoons good mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of old bay seasoning
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 8oz fresh Maine crab
- 1/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- Lemon - cut into wedges
- Combine the first 4 ingredients listed and mix well.
- Add in Maine crab and breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Form crab cakes into 4 equal amounts.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add crab cakes once the oil is hot. Cook until golden brown or about 2 minutes.
- Flip crab cakes over and cook for another 2 minutes to brown the other side.
- Serve with a lemon wedge or your choice of dipping sauce - Enjoy!
Discover the Heart of Ogunquit, Year Round by the Sea
Are you the new Winter 2011 Winner of a 2-Night Escape to the Meadowmere Resort?
Please feel free to forward this newsletter to any friends you think need a relaxing vacation by the sea. They can also enter our quarterly sweepstakes by visiting us at our website: www.meadowmere.com
Please note: We appreciate your readership and respect your privacy. We absolutely do not sell or exchange email addresses or any subscriber information. As a subscriber to From the Meadow updates you are always automatically entered in four sweepstakes drawings each year and may receive information periodically on internet specials, birthday and anniversary wishes from us.