At Last - Summer is Here!!
Ogunquit Beach is calling!
Pack those beach chairs, towels and sunscreen for your summer vacation at the 'Mere. Head to Ogunquit to enjoy the perfect summer day - the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing and the waves are crashing on miles of white sand. Ahhhhh.
Your Ogunquit vacation awaits - ice cream, lobster, sunbathing and even poolside homemade pizza from the West Meadow Pub
Just an hour from Boston and less than five hours from New York - so close, you can feel the sand between your toes! Come join us this summer for amazing times at the Meadowmere.
See you in Maine!
Across the Meadow Summer 2011
Pools & Pizzas, Om & Foam, Broadway & The Beach!
Come sit by the outdoor pool and enjoy an all new summer menu at the West Meadow Pub, including new homemade pizzas. Plus Martinis 'n' Music continue all summer long!
Join Our Fans on Facebook & Twitter!
The Meadowmere Facebook page has fans from all round who are in the know. Thank you to everyone for having some fun and 'liking' us online. From Facebook specials to local Ogunquit tips, upcoming events to concert giveaways, we've enjoyed all the wonderful memories you have shared with us.
Stay tuned on Facebook & Twitter for more information on this year's Worldwide Photowalk
, Ogunquit concerts and summer fun in the sun.
Om & Foam Surf This Way Dudes
Maine's unique surfing getaway returns with three nights lodging, surfing lesson, all gear included, yoga lesson, breakfast each morning and late departure of 1pm. And just for hanging ten, the Meadowmere makes a donation to Maine's Surfrider Foundation to help preserve Maine's beautiful coast.
The 2011 Ogunquit Playhouse Season is Here!
Lights, curtain, action! From Avenue Q to Pinkalicious the Musical to the ever beloved Sally Struthers in Legally Blonde - you don't want to miss a single production at the Ogunquit Playhouse
this year. Enjoy any show and every show on our Night with the Stars: Ogunquit Playhouse Package. This theatre getaway includes two nights lodging, tickets to the evening show with premium seating, dinner at Jonathan's Restaurant, breakfast each morning and late departure of 1pm.
Ogunquit by the Sea Summer 2011
Stretch Your Dollar This Summer
You want to spend time making memories while the sun shines. Maine and Ogunquit have so much to offer for a summer vacation - check out all the reasons to head to the Meadowmere!
Jonathan's Concert Series - Famous Faces, Spectacular Sounds
The stage can't get closer. Just steps to live music Upstairs at Jonathan's. This intimate venue means you can shake hands with your favorite artists and have a CD signed live on the spot. The summer's lineup includes Bob Marley, Paula Cole, Joan Osbourne, Paula Poundstone, Judy Collins, Jonathan Edwards, J. Geils, Edwin McCain, Peter Yarrow, Tom Rush and more. Don't miss this chance to hear outstanding music live in Ogunquit by the sea.
Celebrate Independence Day with July 4th Fireworks
Enjoy Ogunquit Days with a celebration of our seaside village, including Sandcastle Contests and Fireworks on July 4th.
Feelin' Patriotic? Enjoy fireworks on July 3rd and 5th in nearby Portsmouth and Kennebunkport.
2011 Clam Festival - Classic Maine Seafood
Held July 15-17 in Yarmouth, Maine, the annual festival is just 40 minutes from the Meadowmere. Enjoy rides, events, music and fireworks. And of course, Maine's famous and delicious clams!
Celebrate Maine Festival August 13-14
Located just minutes from our hotel at the Raitt Homestead Museum in Eliot. This year's festival features rock climbing, tractor rides, face painting, BBQ competition and much more. The Don Campbell Band is rockin' out live and the annual craft show of Maine made goodies is full of wonders. Bring the whole family and celebrate Maine!
Need More Summer Fun?
Ogunquit has you covered! Here's a sample: Laudholm Farm Music Fest, Ogunquit Playhouse Children's Theatre, Ogunquit Heritage Museum, Seashore Trolley Museum, York's Ghostly Tours, York's Wild Kingdom, Stonewall Kitchen Cooking School, Ogunquit Barn Gallery, and Ogunquit Museum of American Art. And there's more!
Quick Trips to Ogunquit Maine Summer 2011
Check out these dates for your Maine vacation!
June - Summer Kicks Off
- June 3-5: Fine Living Festival
- June 5-9: Ogunquit Restaurant Week
- June 10-12: World Oceans Day Celebration
- June 17-19: Father's Day Weekend
- June 24-26: Strawberry Festival
- June 30- July 5: Ogunquit Days & July 4th
July - Celebrations & Summer Days
- July 1-5: Independence Day Fireworks
- July 10: Green Wedding Giveaway
- July 15-17: Maine Clam Festival
- July 16-Aug 13: Old York Decorator Show House
- July 30-Aug 7: York Days
August - Hot Sun, Beach Breezes
- Aug 6: Ogunquit Annual Art Show
- Aug 13-15: Celebrate Maine Festival
- Aug 25: Ogunquit Sidewalk Art Show
September - The Fun Continues!
- Sept 2-5: Labor Day Celebrations
- Sept 5-17: Capriccio Arts Festival Ogunquit
- Sept 10: Annual Kite Festival
- Sept 16-18: Maine Lighthouse Weekend
- Sept 23-25: Punkinfiddle Festival
Quick Trips - Summer Package Getaways
- Om & Foam - Our Learn to Surf Eco- Escape
- Make Me A Chef - Stonewall Kitchen Culinary Package
- Night with the Stars - Ogunquit Playhouse Package
- A Mainely Romance - Ogunquit Honeymoon Getaway
- Labor Day Getaway - Spend a Long Weekend in Maine!
Taste of Maine . . . At Home This Summer 2011
Cafe Amore - Maine Lobster Lovers Omelet
Breakfast lovers return time and again to this classic spot. Open every day, our hotel guests receive 10% off when presenting their Meadowmere Resort Card at Cafe Amore
(Some limitations apply). An exciting new Lunch menu is in the works - so whether strolling Shore Rd early morning or midday, you can enjoy Downeast's pick for "Best Comfort Food"!
- 3 Eggs
- 2 ounces lobster meat (knuckle and claw make a true Maine omelet - just be sure it's fresh!)
- 3 thin asparagus spears precooked-steamed or roasted
- 3 tablespoons fresh diced tomato
- 2 tablesoons asiago cheese
- Drizzle small amount of oil in an omelet pan, on medium heat and add 3 well beaten eggs.
- Pull edges to inside as eggs begin to cook.
- Meanwhile saut lobster mear, asparagus and tomato in butter until heated through.
- Go back and flip omelet in the pan, add the lobster filling, sprinkle asiago cheese and fold over.
- Serve right away with your favorite toast and enjoy!
Discover the Heart of Ogunquit, Year Round by the Sea
Are you the new Summer 2011 Winner of a 2-Night Escape to the Meadowmere Resort?
We don't want you to miss out on your regular From the Meadow updates or your opportunity to win a free Ogunquit vacation. If you are changing your email address, please give us your old and new email address at .
Please feel free to forward this newsletter to any friends you think need a relaxing vacation by the sea. They can also enter our quarterly sweepstakes by visiting us at our website: www.meadowmere.com
Please note: We appreciate your readership and respect your privacy. We absolutely do not sell or exchange email addresses or any subscriber information. As a subscriber to From the Meadow updates you are always automatically entered in four sweepstakes drawings each year and may receive information periodically on internet specials, birthday and anniversary wishes from us.