From the Meadow
It's what we've been waiting for . . . Summer!
All that is missing is you!
The outdoor pool is open, the sun is shining, the trolley is running; it's summer at the Meadowmere!Grab your beach chairs, flip flops and sunscreen - and make your way to Ogunquit. Kick off summer by lounging poolside, indulging in that long overdue spa treatment and having that extra lobster roll. Just an hour from Boston and less than 5 hours from New York, you're a tank of gas away from unwinding in the Roman Spa and walking with sand between your toes.
Sun, surf and lasting memories await you this summer at the Meadowmere - We're looking forward to seeing you in Maine.
Across the Meadow Summer 2012
Come sit by the pool and enjoy the tastes of the West Meadow Pub . . .
From our complimentary seasonal breakfast featuring Maine's own Congdon's donuts to our Old English Burger - now a cookbook recipe! - we've got summer covered at the Pub. Be sure to join us for a drink while enjoying our live music on Saturday nights.
Planning a Maine Wedding?
Now is a great time to see local venues and tour the Meadowmere. Our wedding services and sales are here to make your day special and be a home for guests traveling to the area. Award winning accommodations create the perfect back drop for a beautiful day. Be sure to contact us early for 2013 block space. Click here for Wedding Services.
Be Social with Us!
Join the Meadowmere and friends online with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and more. We're sharing Maine and Ogunquit happenings, vacation planning tips, giveaways and specials. Make a difference with our Appreciation Weekend votes to help a charity receive a donation from the 'Mere. Share your vacation photos and stay in touch! Here's a few ways to find us:
- Facebook - Meadowmere Resort
- Twitter - @OgunquitResort
- FourSquare - Meadowmere Resort
- YouTube - Meadowmere Resort
- Pinterest - Meadowmere Resort
Give the Gift of the Heart of Ogunquit
At the Meadowmere we are proud to say we are the Heart of Ogunquit. You can share us with friends, family and colleagues by giving the gift of travel with a Meadowmere Gift Certificate. Good towards any stay type and any room type. From special occasions to graduations, holidays and everyday fun, the joy of an overnight just moments from the ocean is easy to give.
Great Summer Getaways
Tee & Sea - A Golfer's Delight. Book a Golfing Package Today.
Put on that golfing gear and swing for a great escape. The Meadowmere offers a Golf Package thru June 30 and September 2 thru season end. Including 18 holes at Links at Outlook Farm, GPS cart, accommodations, Jonathan's dinner and extended 1pm departure. This getaway is as fun as a hole in one!
Ogunquit Playhouse Package. Book a Broadway at the Beach Escape Today.
Lights, curtain, action! The Playhouse celebrates 80 years of outstanding theatre. Hot from kicking off the season Sally Struthers in Always, Patsy Cline, catch them all on our Playhouse Package. Including accommdations, premier seating tickets, Jonathan's dinner, breakfast and extended 1pm departure. Come be a star and enjoy the show!
Om & Foam Surfing Package. Book a Learn to Surf Getaway Today.
Dive right in and have an adventure this summer. Meadowmere is home to Maine's only surfing package escape and all the bragging rights that go with it! Including all surfing gear, Liquid Dreams surfing lesson, accommodations, breakfast, Surfrider Foundation gift and extended 1pm departure. And just for riding the waves, the Meadowmere will make a donation to the Surfrider Foundation for each night of stay.
Ogunquit by the Sea Summer 2012
Make the most of summer - Come to Maine of course!
Spend more time making memories and enjoying your summer in the heart of Ogunquit. Check out these reasons to come to the beach again and again this season!
Jonathan's Concert Series - Famous Face, Good Tunes, Steps Away
You cannot get any closer to the action. Live entertainment and outstanding music awaits you at Jonathan's - Right next door when you stay at the Meadowmere! Upstairs at Jonathan's is an intimate venue featuring fan favorite artists and entertainers. From Judy Collins to Bob Marley, Paula Poundstone to Mark Cohn. Chat with your favorite comedian and shake hands with your rock star.
See the full line up at Jonathan's online and book your accommodations and tickets today!
South Berwick Strawberry Festival June 30th
A Maine tradition filled with fun! Featuring climbing wall, gaint slide, face painting and delicious strawberries. It's such a sweet time, the whole family will come back each year. Entertainment and endless strawberry shortcake - what a sweet deal!
Celebrate July 4th Fireworks in Ogunquit by the Sea!
Come join us in Ogunquit for July 4th fun! Music and celebrations on the beach await. With sandcastle contests and Ogunquit's Famous Fireworks on July 4th, there is no better way to enjoy Independence Day. Within walking distance of all the festivities, the Meadowmere is the place to be and is a Budget Travel Real Deal!
Click here to experience July 4th in Ogunquit Maine!
47th Annual Clam Festival - Classic Maine Seafood July 20-22
Enjoy free admission to this annual celebration in Yarmouth - just 40 minutes north of the Meadowmere. With free rides, events, fireworks and music. Plus Maine's famous and delicious clams! The perfect day trip to add to a week of summer vacation fun.
Click for details on Maine's Clam Fesitval
Quick Trips to Ogunquit Maine Summer 2012
Check out these dates for your Maine vacation - Summer's in Season!
June - Festivals, Flowers and Fun by the Sea
- June 15-17: Father's Day Weekend - Treat Pops to an Escape!
- June 21: Bob Marley Comedy Show
- June 18-23: First Days of Summer Celebration, Brunswick
- June 24: Wells Antique Show & Sale, Laudholm Farm
- June 30: Portland LobsterFest
- June 30: Strawberry Festival, South Berwick
- July 1-5: Independence Day Celebration. Music, fireworks & more!
- July 6: J.Geils, Jeff Pitchell, Gerry Beaudoin & Texas Flood Concert
- July 13 & 14: Paula Poundstone Comedy Show
- July 20: Suzy Bogguss Concert
- July 20-22: 47th Annual Maine Clam Festival, Yarmouth
- July 25: Marc Cohn Concert
- July 27: Tony Boffa & Marc Macisso Concert
- July 28: Jonathan Edwards Concert
- July 28-August 5: York Days & Lighting of the Nubble
August - Summer Sizzles in Ogunquit!
- August 1: Steve Fobert Concert
- August 3: Kathy Mattea Concert
- August 4: John Sebastian Concert
- August 5: John Gorka Concert
- August 9-10: Circus Smirkus, Rockin Horse Stables, Kennebunkport
- August 10: Jimmy Keys Comedy & Music
- August 10-12: Celebrate Maine Festival
- August 11: Melissa Ferrick Concert
- August 12: Judy Collins Concert
- August 23: Annual Ogunquit Sidewalk Art Show & Sale
- August 24: Jen Chapin Trio Concert
- August 31 - September 3: Labor Day Weekend & Kittery Outlet Sale
- September 3-16: Capriccio Ogunquit Festival of Music, Art & Theater
- September 14-16: Maine Lighthouse Day Weekend
- September 16: Tom Rush Concert
- September 21-23: PunkinFiddle Festival, Laudholm Farm
Rain or Shine Activities this Summer
Laudholm Farm Music Fest, Ogunquit Playhouse Childtren's Theatre, Ogunquit Heritage Museum, Seashore Trolley Museum, York's Ghostly Tours, York's Wild Kingdom Zoo & Amusement Park, Funtown/Splashtown USA, Stonewall Kitchen Cooking School, Ogunquit Barn Gallery, Ogunquit Museum of American Art and more. Pack those bags - It's time for summer vacation!
Book online today at Meadowmere.com
Taste of Maine . . . At Home This Summer 2012
Cornerstone's Artisanal Mushroom Pizza
A sophisticacted twist to a culinary staple - Who doesn't love pizza! Known for their stone oven pizzas and hand crafted local beers, Cornerstone has transformed pizza into a gourmet affair. Priding themselves on use of the freshest local ingredients and unique combinations, you'll find pizzas topped with everything from housemade sausage to Maine lobster.
Cornerstone shared with us their delicious mushroom pizza, a menu favorite. The recommended combination is chicken of the woods, beech and pom pom mushrooms. Best enjoyed with a good wheat beer, it's a pefect go-to dinneron a warm summer day!
- 4 oz wild mushrooms, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz fresh arugula, rinsed
- Truffle oil and olive oil to taste
- Lemon zest of half a lemon
- 1 oz shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 pizza dough ball
- Salt, pepper
- Pre heat oven to 500 degrees - Be sure oven is at this temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Lightly saute mushrooms with chopped garlic and olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Stretch dough to your desired thickness over a pizza tray and drizzle extra virgin olive oil over dough.
- Spread mushrooms on pizza and add the shredded mozzarella. Bake in over 7-10 minutes or until crispy crust appears
- While pizza is cooking toss arugula with small amount of truffle oil to taste (less thn 1oz will do)
- Remove pizza from oven and add arugula topping. Zest lemon over the pizza and garnish with shaved parmesan. Enjoy!
Discover the Heart of Ogunquit, Year Round by the Sea
Are you the new Summer 2012 Winner of a 2-Night Escape to the Meadowmere Resort?
We don't want you to miss out on your regular From the Meadow updates or your opportunity to win a free Ogunquit vacation. If you are changing your email address, please give us your old and new email address at .
Book Your Vacation Today Online or call us and we will be happy to assist you: 1-800-633-8718.
Please note: We appreciate your readership and respect your privacy. We absolutely do not sell or exchange email addresses or any subscriber information. As a subscriber to From the Meadow updates you are always automatically entered in four sweepstakes drawings each year and may receive information periodically on internet specials, birthday and anniversary wishes from us.