From the Meadow
Dashing through the snow . . .
To the Meadowmere we go . . .
If the holidays have you needing a mini-escape, come enjoy the beauty of the quiet season at the 'Mere. From dining delights to spa relaxation to culinary courses, you'll find our packages make sugar plum memories this time of year.
Still searching for a great gift? Tis the season to share the Meadowmere! Contact us for gift certificates in just the right amount and give the gift of Ogunquit.
Happy Travels & Happy Holidays!
Across the Meadow Winter 2012
Meadowmere Gives Back & Gets a Major Upgrade
Our Gift of Service continues with charitable giving, donations and hope. The year 2012 has been a busy one in the best way.
The Meadowmere hosts six weekends a year where a donation for each Appreciation Stay is made to the charity of our fans' choice. Voting is held on Facebook just before each weekend and this year, our first five weekends have donated over $2,000 to the following charities:
- Animal Welfare Association
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
- Rachel Carlson Wildlife Refuge
- Maine Children's Cancer Program
- American Red Cross on behalf of Hurricane Sandy Victims
Our final weekend this year, December 14-16, will support the American Heart Association in memory of a lifelong guest and friend who passed this holiday season. We will miss his smile at the pub and poolside. We hope you can join us to celebrate the holidays and support this cause.
As part of our Gift of Service and Environmental Leadership, used bars of soap are collected and sent to the Global Soap Project. This year over 500 pounds of soap has been collected to benefit sanitation programs in Africa, the Dominican Republic and more.
There are more than 4.6 million hotel rooms in the US alone - imagine the difference. Our recycled soap aids in disease prevention and is a small act helping globally.
Soap Fun Fact: Children under 5 who wash with soap can reduce their risk of pneumonia by 50%.
Closer to home, our annual Toys for Tots collection is underway for the holidays. Bring an unwrapped toy when you visit us by December 17th. Our goal is to have an overflowing bin for our 4th year running!
A little soap bar, a little box in the lobby, a little hope. Thank you for helping us make a difference.
Annoucing the New Meadowmere Outdoor Pool
30th Anniversary changes are already underway. Gone is the triangle pool that has been part of the hotel landscape since 1985. In its place, a new upgraded pool is under construction for Spring 2013. Featuring cabana like settings, lounging spaces, wading entrance and ADA accessibility, the Meadowmere will debut the pool May 2013. We look forward to sharing this exciting new amenity with you for our 30th season!
"Christmas isn't just a day; it's a state of mind" - Miracle on 34th Street
The holidays are more fun at the Meadowmere! From December 1-25, guests visiting the hotel are guessing how many feet of garland the hotel has this year. One lucky guess will win a complimentary night's stay.
Ho-Ho-Ho - A Jolly Good December Online Special Awaits!
Come relax by the sea - every good Santa deserves a Getaway! Enjoy two nights with dinner at the Old Village Inn and over $500 in Kittery Outlet coupons this December - for just $230 for two people!
Arrival Sunday - Wednesday, December 11-22. Dining & Outlet Special Resort Doubles $230 based on two people, before tax. Savings 40%. Limited rooms available.
Ogunquit by the Sea Winter 2012
Winter in Ogunquit is the Essence of Beauty & Peace
Sweet escapes to Maine can happen all winter long. From New Year's fun to romance, wine tastings to Valentine's - We welcome you to Ogunquit.
Happy New Year! Ring in 2013 by the Sea!
Make your New Year's resolution at the Meadowmere. Celebrate with friends and family on our special New Year's Package. Your getaway includes a Cabot Cheese & Wine Sampler, New Year's Day Brunch, extended check out and Jonathan's Famous Upstairs/Downstairs Party.
Dance the night away after your choice of dinner seating: Jonathan's Early (5pm), Jonathan's Late (8pm) or Old Village Inn. Starting at $270 per night.
A sell out every year!
Valentine's Be My Sweetheart Escape
Choose from two weekends to surprise that someone special with romance. We offer both February 8-10 and February 15-17 to indulge in a Chocolate & Champagne welcome, romantic dinner for two, breakfast each morning, tickets to a live concert and lover's late check out.
Time for Romance in Ogunquit!
February 8-10, 2013 Valentine's All Together Now Concert
February 15-17, 2013 Valentine's Straight Lace Concert
Winter Wine & Beer Tastings
An annual treat! Our March Wine & Beer Weekends return in 2013. The 4th Annual Wine Weekends and 2nd Annual Beer Weekends welcome you to mix and mingle with new friends while learning more about wine or beer pairings.
Package includes Cabot Cheese Wine Welcome, breakfast each morning and an intimate 5 course tasting dinner at Jonathan's.
Wine & Dine Weekends - March 1-3 & 8-10
Beer & Dine Weekends - March 15-17 & 22-24
Please book early - Limited reservations available for each weekend. Click to reserve your spot
Our most popular vacation experience! A great way to enjoy Maine's delicious food and let some of the winter stress melt away.
From a one night midweek or a full weekend getaway, our classic dining package is perfect. Available on all room types, so when relaxation calls, you can always Eat, Drink & Be Merry at the Meadowmere!
Quick Trips to Ogunquit Maine Winter 2012
Check out these dates for your Maine vacation!
December - Celebrate 2012 by the Sea!
- December 24-25: Christmas Kids Crafts
- December 21-30: Holiday Vacation Week
- December 30: Stephen Kellogg Live at Jonathan's
- December 30-January 1: New Year's Celebration at the Meadowmere
January - Winter Makes a Hot Tub a Hot Idea!
- January 4-6: Appreciation Weekend
- January 11-13: Mind Body Spirit Spa Weekend
- January 18-21: Martin Luther King Weekend
- January 25-27: Mind, Body, Spirit Spa Weekend
February - Cure Cabin Fever in the Meadowmere's Indoor Pool
- February 1: Sixpence Non the Richer Live at Jonathan's
- February 2: Cheryl Wheeler Live at Jonathan's
- February 8-10: Ogunquit's Mardi Gras Celebration
- February 8-10: Valentine's Weekend at the Meadowmere
- February 15: Bob Marley Live at Jonathan's
- February 15-17: Valentine's Weekend at the Meadowmere
- February 15-18: President's Day Weekend
- February 18-23: Winter School Vacation Break
March - Wine & Beer Weekend Return & Maple Syrup Delights!
- March 1-3: Wine Tasting Weekend
- March 1: J. Geils, Jeff Pitchell, Gerry Beaudoin & Texas Flood
- March 1-3: Appreciation Weekend
- March 8-10: Wine Tasting Weekend
- March 9: Buckwheat Zydeco Live at Jonathan's
- March 15-17: Beer Tasting Weekend
- March 15-17: Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- March 22-24: Beer Tasting Weekend
- March 22-24: Maine Maple Weekend
- March 29-31: Easter Egg-scapes at the Meadowmere
Quick Trips - Winter Package Getaways
- Eat Drink Be Merry - Our Classic Dining Escape Weekend or Weekday
- Make Me A Chef - Culinary & Spa Package, An Intimate Cooking Experience
- Mind Body Spirit - Massage, Yoga & Wellness Package
- A Mainely Romance - Ogunquit Honeymoon Getaway
- Martin Luther King Getaway - Spend a Long Weekend in Quiet Beauty of Maine!
Taste of Maine . . . At Home This Winter 2012
Cornerstone - Baked Haddock with Anise Infused Tomato Sauce
Cornerstone has quickly become a local favorite, opening this past Spring in Ogunquit center and offering gourmet pizza, hearth baked entrees and unique craft beer. While you may not have quite the same oven in the kitchen, wood fired baked fish is one of their tasty winter treats. Join them for pizza specials and gourmet beer tastings in the off season.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce (Cornerstone makes their own but your favorite works here too!)
- 1 whole star anise seeds
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons sambuca
- 2 four ounce (4oz) fresh haddock filets
- In medium sauce pot over medium heat, add olive oil, anise, garlic and shallots.
- Saute for 1-2 minutes to seat garlic and shallots.
- Lower heat and add tomato sauce and sambuca.
- Simmer mixture for 20 mins then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Carefully remove all anise seeds from mixture (by straining or just pick them out).
- Lightly coat a baking dish with olive oil and add fresh haddock. Make sure haddock gets oil on all sides.
- Add sauce to top. Bake for 15 mins or until fully cooked at 500 F.
- Remove, serve and enjoy!
Discover the Heart of Ogunquit, Year Round by the Sea
Are you the new Winter 2012 Winner of a 2-Night Escape to the Meadowmere Resort?
We don't want you to miss out on your regular From the Meadow updates or your opportunity to win a free Ogunquit vacation. If you are changing your email address, please give us your old and new email address at .
Please feel free to forward this newsletter to any friends you think need a relaxing vacation by the sea. They can also enter our quarterly sweepstakes by visiting us at our website: www.meadowmere.com
Book Your Vacation Today Online or call us and we will be happy to assist you: 1-800-633-8718.
Please note: We appreciate your readership and respect your privacy. We absolutely do not sell or exchange email addresses or any subscriber information. As a subscriber to From the Meadow updates you are always automatically entered in four sweepstakes drawings each year and may receive information periodically on internet specials, birthday and anniversary wishes from us.