From the Meadow
Get Cozy this Fall in the Heart of Ogunquit!
Cool nights, warm days and the sweet delight of homemade cider and fresh apples. Fall is upon us at the Meadowmere.
With live concerts, great shopping and fantastic fall package deals - Call or click today for your next visit to the heart of Ogunquit.
The Meadowmere Family
Across the Meadow Fall 2013
The Great Pumpkin Contest Returns - October 1-31
Gobbler Getaways - Create a Thanksgiving Tradition November 27-30
Enjoy a picturesque New England Thanksgiving with all the trimmings . . . and relax.
- Resort accommodations 2-4 nights
- Traditional Thanksgiving dinner
- Breakfast each morning
- Kittery Outlets & Freeport Outlets coupons
Fall Girl Getaways - Over $500 in Coupons and Your Choice of Resort, Dining or Spa!
Meetings at the Meadowmere
- 144 Guest Rooms Available Year Round
- 7 Event Spaces with over 5,000 sq. feet
- Easy airport access to Portland, Boston & Manchester with Maine Limo Service
- Restaurant & Pub onsite with customized menus
- Team building programs, including paddleboarding and non profit partnerships
- Complimentary wireless internet access
Vote for the Meadowmere
To stay in the know, "Like" us on Facebook - Where we will annouce the award results!
Off Season Renovations in the Works!
Ogunquit by the Sea Fall 2013
OgunquitFest Scarecrows & Oompa! October 25-27
Be Merry & Be Cozy in the Quiet Season
Click for Eat Drink Be Merry escapes.
Jonathan's Live Concerts & New Year's Celebration
Click to book your hotel accommodations today!
Quick Trips to Ogunquit Maine Fall 2013
Check out these dates for your Maine vacation!
- September 27-29: PunkinFiddle at Laudholm Farm
- September 27: Peter Wolf Concert
- September 28: Paula Poundstone Comedy
- October 1-31: OgunquitFest Scarecrow Contest
- October 4: Delta Generators Concert
- October 11-14: Columbus Day Getaways
- October 12: Catie Curtis Concert
- October 13: Suede with Fred Boyle Concert
- October 18-20: HarvestFest
- October 18: Jason Stuart Comedy
- October 19: Ian MacKenzie and Cilantro Concert
- October 25-27: OgunquitFest Celebration Weekend!
- November 1-30: November is for Shopping Specials
- November 1-3: Appreciation Weekend - Support Boston Strong
- November 8-11: Veteran's Weekend
- November 9: Juanito Pascual Concert
- November 11: Celebrations by the Sea Wedding Show
- November 15-17: Guest Appreciation Weekend
- November 22: Ari Heist Concert
- November 27-30: Thanksgiving Gobbler Getaways
- November 29: Bob Marley Comedy
- December 1-24: Holiday Happiness Shopping Specials
- December 6-8: Christmas Prelude
- December 13-15: Christmas by the Sea Festival
- December 20-22: Guest Appreciation Weekend
- December 23-25: Merry Christmas!
- December 23-30: Make the Grade School Vacation Getaways
- December 28: All Together Beatles Now Concert
- December 30-January 1: New Year's Celebration by the Sea!
- Eat Drink Be Merry - Our Most Popular Dining Package Returns!
- Make Me A Chef - Interactive Culinary & Spa Getaway
- Mind Body Spirit - Spa & Wellness Package
- Columbus Day Getaway - Spend a Long Weekend in Maine!
- Thanksgiving Gobbler Getaway - All the Tradition by the Sea
Taste of Maine . . . At Home This Fall 2013
Arrow's Crab Chowder with Corn and Celery
Celebrating 25 years, Arrows is the flagship restaurant of Ogunquit's Favorite Top Chefs, Mark Gaier and Clark Frasier. "One of America's 10 Most Romantic Restaurants" by Bon Appetit, Mark and Clark produced Maine Classics Cookbook to bring the taste of their favorites to you.
- 6 ears of corn
- 2 quarts heavy cream
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chervil
- 6 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 onces crab meat, picked over
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato for garnish
- Cut the corn kernels off the corncobs and set aside
- Pour the cream in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Place the cobs into the cream and simmer until reduced by one -fourth, about 30 minutes. Remove the cobs and add the corn kernels. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and 1 teaspoon of salt. Saute until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add to the corn and cream, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the thyme, tarragon, chervil and 2 tablespoons chives, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Place half the crab meat in the chowder and divide the remaining crab among 6 serving bowls
- Divide the chowder among the 6 serving bowls, pouring over the crab with a ladle.
- Garnish with remaining chives and chopped tomato and serve.
Discover the Heart of Ogunquit, Year Round by the Sea
Are you the Fall 2013 Winner of a 2-Night Escape to the Meadowmere Resort?
We don't want you to miss out on your regular From the Meadow updates or your opportunity to win a free Ogunquit vacation. If you are changing your email address, please give us your old and new email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to forward this newsletter to any friends you think need a relaxing vacation by the sea. They can also enter our quarterly sweepstakes by visiting us at our website:www.meadowmere.com
Book Your Vacation Today Online or call us and we will be happy to assist you: 1-800-633-8718.
Please note: We appreciate your readership and respect your privacy. We absolutely do not sell or exchange email addresses or any subscriber information. As a subscriber to From the Meadow updates you are always automatically entered in four sweepstakes drawings each year and may receive information periodically on internet specials, birthday and anniversary wishes from us.