Here’s a list of the Top Five Best Summer Activities in Ogunquit. A must-see guide on the things to do in Ogunquit on your summer vacation. We’ve provided the perfect itinerary for a 3 day/3-night stay -straight from our Front Desk to you. Enjoy!
Best Summer Activities in Ogunquit
- Ogunquit Beach – Arrive early to catch a spot on this white, sandy beach with volleyball nets, surfing, a section for beach games, tide pools and an annual kite flying tournament. Yankee Magazine named it the best beach for avoiding the crowds – not hard since the beach is over 3 miles long. There’s public parking though we recommend taking a scenic trolley from our back door or walking from our back parking lot (It’s only 15 minutes). Pick up lunch at the Village Food Market, visit the Sundries shop for boogie boards and umbrellas and settle in for fun in the sun! (Day 1)
- Perkins Cove – Home to restaurants, art galleries, Marginal Way, lobster boats and one of America’s only walk-able drawbridges. Start the day with a cruise to the Nubble Lighthouse with the Finestkind. Enjoy a Maine lobster on the deck of Barnacle Billy’s, then stroll to Perkins Cove Candies for salt water taffy. For a romantic treat, try MC Perkins Cove – the view is amazing! (Day 2)
- Ogunquit Playhouse – Hustle back and get ready for Broadway at the Beach. The summer stock theatre’s season begins in mid-May and runs through September. Stars such as Sally Struthers, Rue McClanahan, Bette Davis and Judy Garland have taken a bow. Purchase tickets online or plan everything with our Playhouse Package. This year’s 75th Anniversary season is outstanding – Don’t miss Hairspray and the King & I! (Day 2)
- Marginal Way – Crashing waves, breath taking views – this mile long seaside path showcases the famous rocky Maine coastline. Dotted with monument benches, pick up the trail in Perkins Cove by the Oarweed in the morning. Halfway through, a miniature lighthouse resides and a stunning view of Ogunquit Beach. Be sure to have your camera ready! (Day 3)
- Downtown Shops – Ogunquit’s village center features unique boutique shopping and quaint storefronts. Once you’ve finished up the Marginal Way and arrive on Shore Road, you begin the shops and fine dining. Stroll Shore Road into Main Street, then double back to Beach Street. Along the way, be sure to taste homemade fudge at Harbor Candy Shop (Willy Wonka would be proud!) and Maine made ice cream at the Latest Scoop. For little ones, Animal Instinct and Ogunquit Games are must-sees. Kid Free? Check out Spoiled Rotten on Beach Street and Revelations on Shore Road. Then, head back with your treasures to settle in for one last night – you’ve just enjoyed 3 perfect days in Ogunquit! (Day 3)