Fall in Ogunquit! Complete with Maine Farmer’s Markets, fall festivals, and more. Many people visit the area for Ogunquit Beach and Marginal Way. However, the best colors of Fall are seen if you head a little west to our neighbors -Springvale and the Berwicks.
For a real treat, visit Mt. Agamenticus, the highest point in Southern Maine. From the viewpoint on the top, you can see the ocean and miles of the best foliage in Southern Maine. Then, spend the day enjoying one of our favorite fall activities – apple picking.
Here’s a list of the Top Five Best Apple Picking near Ogunquit. A great list to keep handy when heading to Southern Maine this Fall. Most are only a short drive from the Resort to enjoy – Delicious!
Best Top Five Apple Picking Farms Near Ogunquit, Maine
- McDougal Orchards, Springvale, Rt 11A Phone: 207-324-5054. U-pick or ready-picked fruit. 14+ varieties on mostly dwarf trees. Pumpkins and sweet cider in season. Hayrides on weekends. Farm animals too! This one is annual staff favorite. If you’ve been in our Lobby, you’ve probably enjoyed a McDougal apple!
- Spiller Farm, Wells, Rt 9A Phone: 207-985-2575. U-pick apples and pumpkins. Hayrides, corn stalks, gourds and fall veggies. Clolest to the Resort and great if you are pressed for time and want to make a quick trip.
- Pine View Orchard, Berwick, Pine Hill Rd Phone: 207-698-5891. The farm boasts an excellent view of the mountains and valleys. Perfect for seeing great Fall foliage! Another plus, the farm specializes in semi-dwarf trees for easy picking with the kids.
- Libby & Sons, Limerick, Sawyer Mountain Rd Phone: 207-793-4749. Apples, blueberries and more – this farm is a little bit further, but well worth the drive. The blueberries (pictured above) are outstanding.
- Romac Orchard Sanford, Rt. 109 toward Acton Phone: 207-636-3247. Apple picking with views of the White Mountains and blue lakes. Great Macouns and Cortlands. Another plus – hay rides!