Curious about hiking in the area or looking to visit local land trusts? Maybe just want to learn a little bit more about our green certification and how we became Ogunquit’s first Environmental Leader hotel?
The Meadowmere has got you covered! Our staff pitched in and created an eco-information binder to accompany our restaurant guide and our attractions/activities binder (If you haven’t visited lately, these are huge binders full of information on what to do in the area and where to eat when in Southern Maine. Don’t worry, we’ve organized everything and put them in the lobby – near the yummy Seacoast Coffee).
Inside are quick sheets on our environmental leader efforts and sections on eco-attractions, activities, events, parks, agriculture and local organizations. Here’s a quick sample of each:
Eco-Attractions/Activities in Ogunquit
- Marginal Way – More than a beautiful way, this is a famous geological research site
- Beach Plum Farm – A salt marsh preservations and home to beautiful ocean walking paths (The birdlife is amazing)
- Tatnic Hill Loop – Gorgeous wooded trail that’s perfect for mountain biking. You can take advantage of our hotel’s bike rack!
- Horseback Riding – Pre season is on the beach!
- Surfing – Brrrr you say? Not at all – you’re a wetsuit away from cozy and hanging ten! Our friends at Liquid Dreams are awesome and have everything you need.
Environmental Events in Ogunquit & Southern Maine
- Maine Maple Sunday – Every Sunday in March – Yummy!
- Laudholm Farm Earth Day in April and PunkinFiddle Harvest in September
Nearby Maine Parks & Agriculture
- Crescent Beach State Park in Cape Elizabeth
- Vaughan Woods State Park in South Berwick
- Fort Foster in Kittery
- Local Alpaca Farms, Apple Orchards & Christmas Tree Farms – A reason to check out Ogunquit in the Spring, Fall and Winter. These local farms have beautiful produce and often also have fun hayrides too.
Want to know what the state bird is for Maine? Curious if you will see a Puffin? Want to support the Marginal Way Fund? Take a flip through on your next vacation with us! Hope you enjoy!