Say you were to drop off a giant bag of chocolate to our front desk at the Meadowmere and stay a night or two. Odds are that giant bag would be short lived – perhaps even gone before you left! This has actually been tested – we have a guest who visits us regularly and arrives baring the gift of chocolate candy. Bags of it.
And since this upcoming weekend is a big one for chocolate – we thought a few recommendations would be nice . . .
Top Spots Near Ogunquit for Chocolate
- Harbor Candy Shop -Delicious, homemade chocolate and 5 minutes from the Resort (distance can be important, we’re talking the cure for a chocolate fix). An old fashioned shop with incredible fudge and even vegan treats – Right on Main Street in Ogunquit.
- Cacao – Unique gourmet truffles in Kittery Maine. They have actually truffles with eatable gold for very reasonable amount. A neat way to give a little something special, a little something extra.
- Yummies Candy & Nuts – Everything under the sun. Remember when you were a kid and filled a baggie with candies such as peanut butter bars, bit o honey and bullseyes? Yep – all there. They even have Wonka Bar – now that’s the ticket! Visit Yummy’s on Route 1 in Kittery, just before the outlets.
- Lindt – Well now, this is nothing new, you say. Yes, we know – but really, you can’t beat a store of truffles by the 19oz bag. And of course, that offer samples. There’s one in the Kittery Outlets on Route 1 – about 15 minutes from us.
- Divine Chocolates – A smaller shop than most, but hand dipped belgium chocolate is worth a trip. Located on Route 1 in Cape Neddick – in a very Maine way, next to the Bait & Tackle shop. Also – their website has a section on how chocolate is health food. We knew it all along.
- Byrne & Carlson – This shop just had a write up on boston.com and much like Harbor Candy, it is a shop not to miss. Pick your dark chocolate out for by the country and the percentage. Check out the chocolate bars with flowers in them ( – or bars with chocolate in chocolate!
So there’s a quick tour of local chocolate and candy shops in the Ogunquit area. Should help with sweets for the sweetie!