So what do you do in Maine with a Motor Coach filled with around 50 people? If you’ve never been to Southern Maine – you may be pleasantly surprised! Lobsters and Lighthouse’s may be the first to pop in head – but Maine’s not called Vacationland for nothing… here are the Meadowmere Resort’s Top 5 Day Trip Destinations followed by Top 5 Activities that are sure to fill any itinerary!
Top Ogunquit Day Trip Destinations
- Perkins Cove/Marginal Way – Enjoy a visual translation of the village named “Beautiful Place by the Sea”. Stroll along the 1 1/4 mile foot-path winding along the rocky coast of Maine and connecting the Ogunquit Beach with Perkins Cove.
- Kennebunkport – A picturesque seacoast village including Walker’s Point, the Wedding Cake House, Dock Square and the Kennebunkport Historial Society.
- Portsmouth, New Hampshire – A stimulating mix of historic buildings, great restaurants, art galleries with distinctive artisans’ and boutique shops. Points of interest include Strawbery Banke and the Isle of Shoals.
- Portland – Discover the beauty and excitement of Maine’s largest city. Points of interest include Portland Art Museum and Old Port with its cobble stone streets.
- Freeport – Visit a village rich with history, much of which is preserved today. Points of interest include Wolfe’s Neck State Park, Mast Landing Sanctuary and Desert Dunes.
Top 5 Fun Maine Group Activities
- Scenic Cruise – FinestKind departs from Perkins Cove and combines the scenic beauty of the village shoreline with a first hand lobstering experience! They offer a wide array of themed cruises including breakfast, lighthouse and cocktail cruises.
- Cooking Class – Experience culinary expertise prior to diving into a divine meal! The location offers a Company Store and a viewing room of the production lines for their most popular products.
- Freeport Shopping – Home to the favorite L.L. Bean enjoy a leisurely stroll along sidewalks lined with Brand Name Outlets in the quaint and charming village of Freeport, Maine!
- Whale Watch Cruise – Deborah Ann departs from Perkins Cove. Explore the vast Atlantic with a 4 1/2 hour adventure. Journey twenty miles out to sea to view whales, dolphins and marine life of the gulf of Maine.
- Kittery Outlet Shopping – Experience the fun of shopping 120 Famous Designer and Brand Name Outlets as well as the ever so popular Kittery Trading Post. As an extra bonus the Kittery Outlets off VIP Savings Booklets to Group Tours!