This week's stories!
Wow – lots of birthdays and anniversaries out there. We had so many of you thank us for your birthday wishes and anniversary congratulations! If you didn't get yours, be sure you are signed up for our newsletter.
- A guest onsite was traveling with her extended family and this year's annual winter trip to the Meadowmere fell on her granddaughter's birthday. When she approached Kyle about decorating the door and showed him the decorations, Kyle was concerned – he explained that her plan would actually damage the door. Instead, he offered to personal decorate inside the room so that there would be a big surprise when the granddaughter arrived and he would take care to avoid any issues for the guest as well. In addition, he wrote a birthday note from the hotel and placed a small gift in room for her as well. The grandmother was thrilled that she could have the surprise and add that personal touch.
- While walking through the halls, Jeremy noticed a guest heading into the Roman Spa area. However, one thing was missing (no, not THAT) – a towel. Jeremy stopped the guest and offered to get a towel from the reception area where they are kept so that the guest could begin to enjoy the Jacuzzi. The guest was very appreciative that he took the time to notice her need.
- Crystal came upon a guest struggling to balance their coffee while opening their room door. She quickly took the coffee and waited until the guest entered and was ready to take back that precious cargo!
- While cleaning, Janet noticed the guests in one of the suites departing. They were struggling with the luggage. She picked up some of the bags and assisted them down to their car so that their trip good end on a relaxing note.
- The phone at the Front Desk kept ringing from a room – and though Kyle could hear the guest, the guest could not hear Kyle. He sent for Jeremy to help the guest and upon arrival, Jeremy discovered that the volume had been turned all the way down on the phone. After correcting and checking the phone, Jeremy inquired why they were calling. The guest had a simple question – is there coffee in the lobby? Jeremy happily let them know all the options – including the in lobby coffee.
- During the evening, Ritt and Matt were tending to the indoor pool area when a gentlemen approached them. He had misplaced his cell phone and was desperately trying to find it. Ritt and Matt soon discovered that the last place the guest had seen it was on his pool towel – but that was gone, having been put into the dirty towel bin. Ritt and Matt assured the guest they would search the towels and report back. After awhile and many towels later, the guest found his phone – However he was very impressed at the extra effort.
"There are four ways, and only four ways, in which we have contact with the world. We are evaluated and classified by these four contacts: what we do, how we look, what we say, and how we say it." – Dale Carnegie
Thank you for letting us share this week's service stories with you. Each week we hope our little differences help bring a smile to you face – remember, service is not dead. It just took a vacation to Maine!