This week’s stories!
Memorial Day is almost here! With warmer weather on the way we can’t wait to enjoy some sun and fun at the outdoor pool, walks along the Marginal Way, and what would the kick off to the summer season be without a boiled lobster dinner from Jonathan’s. We just love Ogunquit it May, what a perfect time to enjoy Maine!
- You can certainly get lost in love and that’s exactly what happened to a newly wed couple who joined us for their honeymoon. Jack received a call late one evening from a couple who were lost and looking for the resort. He was able to give them directions, but once the love birds arrived they were still a little confused about how to get to their Presidential Suite. He personally escorted the couple to their suite, assisted them with their luggage, and turned on the lights for them. While settling them into their suite Jack was able to answer their questions about the resort and get them on track for a great Honeymoon in Maine!
- While Donna was maintaining morning coffee service in the pub she noticed the wedding party from the weekend celebrating with the newly wed couple. The party was gathered for a farewell breakfast. She provided the group with ice water and fresh coffee. When the group was finished she offered to clean up their tables and discarded their trash and congratulated the couple on their nuptials.
- Kayla was cleaning in one of her stay over rooms, this typically includes replacing towels and toiletries, making the beds, and a few other touch ups, wanting to make our guests feel at home she organized their books and snacks and also folded the laundry on the bed. The guest was pleasantly surprised to return from a day of exploring Ogunquit to the personal touch that she had left in their room.
- Sometimes computers don’t always work the way we want them to. Tracy received a call at the front desk from a guest who was having difficulty connecting to our complimentary wireless internet. She assisted the guest over the phone but guest was still having difficulty with the connection, she personally went to guest’s room and walked the guest through connecting to the internet. She also advised guest where to find technical support should the guest need any further assistance. Guest was happy to be able to surf the internet from the comfort of their own room.
- It can be hard to plan your vacation from hundreds of miles away, especially when you are not familiar with your destination location. While Stuart was assisting a guest over the phone with their vacation plans at our resort the guest mentioned that they would be traveling further north along the coast of Maine. Stuart being savvy with not only local attractions but also other locations in throughout Maine he assisted our future guest with accommodation suggestions for the duration of their travel. He called ahead to other resorts in Cape Elizabeth as well as Monhegan Island to complete the total Maine experience. Guest was so pleased with his above and beyond customer service that the guest decided to stay with us for the duration of this stay and confirmed his reservation with us for five nights.
“Care more than others think wise. Risk more than others think safe. Dream more than others think practical. Expect more than others think possible.” – Howard Schultz
Thank you for letting us share this week’s service stories with you. Each week we hope our little differences help bring a smile to you face – remember, service is not dead. It just took a vacation to Maine!