This week's stories!
World Ocean Weekend is approaching! What a great time to visit Ogunquit and learn about how to keep our oceans and beaches beautiful for future generations. World Ocean Weekend also marks the official start of our Om and Foam Surfing Package. Come and join us and learn how you can be a part of the Green Movement.
- Stuart received a call at the front desk shortly after checking in two of our repeat guests. The guest was looking for accommodations within the Main building but had reserved a room in our Country Squire. Upon reviewing our guest’s previous reservations he noticed that they had experienced car troubles as well as other disappointments during their previous stay. Wanting to give our guests the best possible vacation and knowing that our availability was limited he quickly adjusted the guest’s reservation and complimentary upgraded their reservation to the Main building. The guests were very pleased and were able to enjoy a relaxing weekend getaway.
- Guests forgot to remove the do not disturb sign from their door during the day and therefore did not receive housekeeping service for the day. When guest returned from exploring Ogunquit they called the front desk and spoke with David. He promptly went up with a fresh set of towels for the guest and also tidied up their room.
- Janet was glancing over arrivals for the day when she noticed a guest arriving who was celebrating their birthday. She placed a birthday card and rose soap in their room so they could enjoy their Jacuzzi tub with the fragrance of roses.
- Kayla was cleaning a stay over room, she had chatted earlier with the guest and discovered that they could use some additional amenity items in their room; she provided extras soaps and shampoos for the guest. Upon the guest’s return Kayla was in the same hallway she chatted with the guest again about their vacation and the guest mentioned that they were interested in different room types for their next stay at the resort. She escorted them around the property and showed them a few different accommodations for next time. Guest was so pleased that they booked their next stay before checking out.
- No one likes to do the dishes, especially when on vacation. While Elaine was cleaning a stay over room, she noticed that the guests had some wine glasses that needed cleaning. Elaine cleaned the glasses for the guest so that when they returned to their room they were able to enjoy their wine and relax.
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless” – Mother Teresa
Thank you for letting us share this week's service stories with you. Each week we hope our little differences help bring a smile to your face – remember, service is not dead. It just took a vacation to Maine!