May day, may day! Good times ahead! And we are not just saying that because we are big fans of Maine vacations. May is a great time to visit our Maine coastal resort and enjoy our lodging in Ogunquit Maine. For those of you who are big fans of Maine vacations, we have compiled a list of the best ways to enjoy our lodging in Maine in May. For those of you who are on the fence, come check out a getaway to Maine with our accommodations in Ogunquit Maine. May is a great value – and without further ado – here is your tips on planning great Maine vacations in May:
- Ogunquit AIDS Walk – With the warmer temps coming to our Ogunquit Maine hotel, it is time to get outside. And why not make a difference too. May 2-4 is the Frannie Peabody Center Ogunquit AIDS Walk with music, t shirts and a great cause. Plus, this means your lobster can have extra butter.
- Kentucky Derby Day – Ok, so this isn’t really an Ogunquit event. But here’s the thing, you can have Derby Day fun by the sea. There are specials from Maine Street to Cornerstone and beyond. And in Ogunquit, we love it if you bring your best Derby hat to our Southern Maine resort. On the first Saturday of May – May 3rd – Sipping a rum punch at Barnacle Billy’s post race ranks right up there with any mint julep.
- Ogunquit Museum of American opening is May 1st. So right away on the very first day of the month, you can enjoy the beauty of this little museum by the sea. This season features John Laurent, new additions to the permanent collection and those gorgeous gardens.
- Mother’s Day Fun – up next, Mom. Of course it is easy to enjoy a Mother’s Day Maine vacation at our logding in Ogunquit. Our spa resort in Maine features award winning massage and treatments steps from our accommodations. So Mom can enjoy a Swedish massage or you an really say thank you with a LaStone Treatment. By the end of Mother’s Day weekend, she will have forgotten all about, well, whatever it is, you are off the hook!
- Victoria Day Weekend – The Memorial Day of Canada for those not in the know. A holiday weekend worth celebrating at our hotel in Ogunquit Maine. In fact, with Victoria Day dining packages complete with dinner and breakfast at Jonathan’s, you can unwind to a nice long Spring getaway to Maine.
- Breathe NH Bike Event – Yes, Victoria Day is a two for one special weekend with a holiday and another great cause to support. Breathe NH Bike Event is a two day ride with the Day 1 Finish Line at our Ogunquit hotel. Celebration includes BBQ, live DJ and radio broadcast, eveing party wih dancing and even massage for riders. Day 2 begins at the Starting Line at our Ogunquit hotel – and we cheer the riders off to help fight against lung disease.
- Memorial Day – Phew, May is busy and we have finally come to the major event. Memorial Day Weekend in Ogunquit Maine. That long weekend that signals the start of the summer season. BBQ’s, the outdoor pool officially opens, seasonal breakfast begins, the AIDS quilt makes its only stop in Maine at the Ogunquit town hall, Judy Collins performs at Jonathan’s. Memorial Day weekend at our resort in southern Maine is special. It means you have officially become one of those in the know – Ogunquit in May is Marvelous!
And even if you cannot plan a Maine vacation for any of the great reasons to visit Ogunquit we mentioned, there are midweek May packages: Golf, Spa, Dining, Make Me A Chef. Perfect to sneak a trip to Maine in. And we are here waiting to make your stay special – here’s a few quick ways our team at our Ogunquit hotel recently helped out:
- The Meadowmere Resort is a pretty big place. We understand. And on your first stay, finding all the great amenities at our Southern Maine resort can be a challenge. Our team has training on the layout of the hotel, relation to where the amenities are, hours – you name it, they know it or know how to find it for you. Jodi noticed a family at the end of the hall looking confused and she instantly knew that they needed help. She took the time to offer assistance and walk them through the TV room, Roman Spa, fitness center and spa and elevator, giving them tips on how to find other amenities and make their way thru the hotel. The family was so surprised at this personal touch and thanked Jodi over and over again for taking the time.
- With indoor and outdoor pools, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, our Ogunquit hotel has a lot of fun to choose from. Sometimes kids get so excited to go to the next amenity, they forget towels. One little boy had such a problem – and wasn’t sure how to find any towels either. As Tori came down the hall, this little boy asked and she told him to wait just a minute. Tori headed to the laundry area to grab four freshly folded towels and returned. The little boy was off and running, right into Roman Spa fun.