As the temperatures warm up, Mainers and visitors both venture outdoors to enjoy the ocean views , hiking and beauty of Maine. At the Meadowmere Resort, our family hotel is busy hanging our famous pink flowers and planting our climbing vines to grow and drape over our cafe area during the hot summer afternoons. Our Ogunquit resort is also looking forward to another tradition of Spring: World Ocean Day. This year’s celebration will be featuring local non profits, environmental efforts and tours of our environmental programs. You can learn more about our eco-friendly hotel at our website – but nothing compares to a behind the scene tour of the resort, complete with solar panels and an inside view.
Our Maine resort takes the time to share the many efforts that are happening in the Ogunquit community to preserve Ogunquit Beach, Marginal Way, the southern Maine water shed and more. When you join us to enjoy ocean views from our Ogunquit hotel, you become part of this remarkable place and, we like to think, this place becomes part of you. So together we can learn and share how to take wonderful care of this beautiful place by the sea we call Ogunquit Maine and home.
Here are some tips on environmental efforts and attractions in Southern Maine:
- Ogunquit Beach – over 3 miles of white sand and important dune system to Maine’s coast
- Marginal Way – the ocean side cliff walk of Ogunquit, famous for being an inspiration not just to artist, but to all
- Kayaking in Maine – from Ogunquit River to ocean kayaking, all levels can enjoy bird watching and more
- Maine Educational Reserves – Laudholm Farm, Beach Plum Farm, Rachel Carlson, Mt. Agamenticus – there are ends hikes, paths and fields to enjoy the great Maine outdoors
- Surf or Paddle Board – from catching a wave with the Nubble Lighthouse in the back drop to paddling the estuaries, getting into the Maine water is hot way to enjoy your vacation.
And at the Meadowmere Resort, our Ogunquit hotel isn’t just about a great location to see ocean views. We also know that by taking good care of our home, we take better care of you. Here are some great stories to share:
- Guests often travel together with friends. Hannah assist a guest looking for her friend – taking the time to locate the other guest at the outdoor hot tub. Later that day, everyone was gathered in our lobby to enjoy cards when the same woman wanted to return to her room. Hannah immediately realized why she couldn’t go find her friend earlier and that her husband would have to stop playing to go with her – The guest has two oxygen tanks. Hannah offered to walk with the guest so that the cards could continue and she would have company walking safely back to her accommodations. The whole party was thrilled at the caring, attentive help that Hannah provided.
- Whitney knows that it is important to notice the small things – they can make a difference to a vacation. Guests were staying with us and were upset that a noisy neighbor the night before had kept them up. When they let us know, the team moved their accommodations for their second night. While cleaning the first room, Whitney noticed that they had used all of the coffee. She returned to their new room to add the extra touch of extra coffee and a note letting them know she was happy to be the housekeeper for their second room and if she could help in any way, beyond extra coffee, to let her know. The guests rested easy after moving and were thrilled at the careful attention and kindness.