June blooms. The days are long, the temperatures tease of summer and the farmer’s markets return. Maine is an agricultural state – potatoes are just the start. Just minutes from our Ogunquit hotel, one of Maine’s favorite festival happens the last weekend in June – The Strawberry Festival. Celebrating the little red delicious strawberry, locally grown and delightful. Come up and see us in June to enjoy the Strawberry Festival and some of our favorite Farms.
Here are some tips on planning a Maine Strawberry Festival trip:
- Pack those dancing shoes: The festival features live swing music and your toes will be tapping. Plus this is an excellent way to work up an appetite for more Strawberry Shortcake.
- Feel Crafty: The festival doesn’t just feature delicious little strawberries. It also is home to over 120 artisans booths. From homemade goodies to art, you can stroll the gifts while trying the amazing strawberry pie. Hmm – with 120 booths, we think that is definitely a two slice trip.
- Bring the Kids: Whether it is the grand kids, your little ones or the kid in you. Bouncy castles, hay rides and good outdoor family fun await. No battery charging necessary – unless you count fueling up on strawberry rhubarb.
- Down Home on the Farm: From Beach Plum Farm to York’s Farmer’s Market, Southern Maine has a farm scene worth exploring. Take in ocean views as Roby Littlefield’s vision for a community farm comes to life in season. Stock up on healthy snacks of fresh fruit for the beach Saturday from 9a to 1p. And since the artisan Stonewall Kitchen is right there, maybe a jam or jelly too. Unless of course, you are waiting for those homemade strawberry jams at the festival.
In Ogunquit Maine, at our Ogunquit hotel, Strawberry Festival is just 15 minutes away in South Berwick, a beautiful drive past farms and the wandering York River. And our team will be here to welcome you home and make your festival getaway special:
- Creating memories is second best part of a vacation. The sharing of them is number one. When a guest was so excited to share his trip with friends and family that he brought 11 Ogunquit postcards, Hannah generously took care of providing complimentary postage for the guest as a thank you. She could see how happy he was to be with us in Maine and excited to send a personal card to each person.
- Getting everyone together for the ride home can be daunting. Checking and rechecking that every swimsuit and toothbrush makes the return trip home from Maine. Jackie was cleaning a departing room when she noticed that a bag had been left in the fridge. Rather than throw the bag out right away, she placed it on her cart just in case. A few minutes later the guest returned worried that the items were lost – especially as they were her mother’s and important. Jackie happily turned to give her the bag, safely waiting on her cart. The guest was relieved and very thankful for the extra care given, even after the guest had checked out.
- Allergies? Cold? Either one can make a vacation miserable. When Janet spotted that a mom in the family suite had run out of tea and cold medicine, she took the time to get extra tea, a mug and tissues for her. Leaving these set up in the room with a note to get well soon and relax when with us in Ogunquit.