What’s the best time of the year for a Maine Family Vacation? It has to be August! With 31 days of summer sun beating down, no one wants to be stuck at home. All the more reason to pack up and head to Ogunquit Maine to enjoy our family resortsin Maine. We all know there can be alot to planning Maine family vacations – Here are a few tips to keep the kids occupied while you relax and soak up the sun:
- Ogunquit Beach is a great way to keep the kids entertained with 7 miles of white sand combined with the river side a great spot to explore tidal pools and ocean life
- Liquid Dreams Surf Lessons right on the beach provides attentive instruction for the adventurous children
- York Wild Animal Kingdom offers the education and exploration of animials from all regions. The kids will love the butterfly kingdom and of course the amusement rides are a must for all families. Plus guests at the Meadowmere Resort can take advantage of discount passes available all season long!
- The summer heat can bring thunderstorms and rainy days. Have no fear on your Maine Family Vacation – you are staying at the Meadowmere Resort! With indoor pool, game room and 35 seat TV Room the kids will have a blast rain or shine!
When is the second best time to come visit the Meadowmere Resort? September! The kids are back to school and September in Ogunquit is a great time to relax with your one and only. With great weather, planning a visit to Maine in September is great for beach days and exploring Maine culture. Here are a few other tips to enjoy on your Maine September Getaway:
- Stroll the streets of Maine’s quaint villages and explore the local art with Art Walk Maine
- Summer Theatre at the Ogunquit Playhouse enjoy The Witches of Eastwick, the sexy new musical comedy
- Head out for the day and experience the Annual Bikefest on the Pier with lobster, pig roast, music and hundreds of bikes or stop and in and explore the 21st Annual Car Show!
- Support the York County Shelter Program and give a helping hand to the homeless and hungry by visiting Alfred Shaker Hill and their Apple Festival. With Arts & Crafts, Live Music a Silent Auction and so much more!
- Harvest Dance is just for grownups set in the historic Mallett Barn at Wolfe’s Neck Farm swing in for a night of local food, live music, dancing and beverages from local breweries!
And finally, in third place – October. Everyone should experience the legend of New England Foliage with leaves turning to gold, scarlet, purple and orange. The colors are magnificent! If you’re looking for a Maine Family Vacation or just a Maine Getaway , October brings beauty to Ogunquit Maine like no other time of the year! Here are some of our fall favorites:
- Ogunquit Maine Annual OgunquitFest with bed races, parades scarecrow contests and so much more!
- Fall Festival on the L.L.Bean campus with music, crafts and the Discovery Stage
- Trail of Terror Halloween Harvest with scarecrow making, costume contests and old fashion games
- Hike Mount Agamentiticus and experience the great outdoors and beauty of nature in autumn
- HarvestFest in York is a lot of fun with local food vendors, crafters and live music
- Fall Fun Farm Days at the Youth Enrichment Center at Hilton Winn Farm offers great family activities and 100’s of acres of trails to explore the foliage fall brings
Now that you have all you need to plan your Maine Getaway and pick the best time to visit – We look forward to seeing you soon!