We’re more than half way through the year 2014 so if you haven’t taken that Maine Family Vacation yet or if you need to get away for a day or two now is the time. Don’t let another moment pass you by. Our Maine Family Resort puts you steps from all the action or relaxation you desire. Here are a few fun ideas to consider for your Maine Family Vacation this August!
- Stories by the Sea – Each Wednesday from 9am to 10am the Ogunquit Museum of American Art hosts a local author to share a wonderful children’s story and create a hands-on piece of art to take come. And for only $5 per child your free to explore the Exhibitions including Henrey Strater: Arizona Winters, Richard Brown Lethem: Figure Abstraction, Andrew Wyeth: The Linda L. Beach Collection and so much more!
- Take in a show at the Ogunquit Playhouse with their 2014 Children’s Theatre featuring performances by their Children’s Theatre Jr. Players, your kids are sure to enjoy productions such as Peter Pan Jr. & Dinosaurs Before Dark kids. Also on stage this month you’ll find Marry Poppins featuring Gail Bennette
- Explore the wildlife at York’s Wild Animal Kingdom featuring an interactive Deer Encounter, Petting Zoo and Paddle Boat rides around the main lake with over 100 domestic ducks! Ask about discount coupons at our Maine Family Resort!
- Discover the fun and history of our town trolley on your Maine Family Vacation. Head to the beach or Perkins Cove on the Ogunquit, Maine Trolley or Visit Kennebunkport’s Seashore Trolley Museum featuring Ice Cream & Sunset Rides Wednesday & Thursday nights!
- Trust your Family is in good hands at our Maine Family Resort – where our employees care about you and your vacation needs. Here are a few stories from our guests showcasing the thoughtful nature you’ll encounter on your Maine Family Vacation:
Tori, a seasoned housekeeper, was cleaning a room upon a guest departure. She noticed right away that a dress was left behind. Hoping to catch the guest before they left town she quickly headed to the parking lot. Fortunately she found the guests as they were loading up their car to head home! The guest was so grateful as this was her favorite dress!
Rain ensures our natural landscape flourishes this time of the year and we all enjoy seeing the beach rose, the lavender and the hydrangeas in bloom. But on your Maine Family Vacation, with your umbrella at home, rain can be disappointing. At our Maine Family Resort there’s plenty to do for the whole family rain or shine. One particular morning a guest was bringing breakfast to her family when it started to pour! Having booked in our East Meadow Building to enjoy the spacious backyard she inquired with Hannah the best way to get back to her room. Hannah directed her down the hall and out the back exit to avoid the rain as much as possible and offered her personal umbrella to keep this guest dry!