Let’s talk turkey. It’s no fairy tale that there is a sort of magic in the air around the holidays. And it’s not just because of the great smells of home cooking. Perhaps it because Thanksgiving and Christmas fall so closely together that we all welcome the sentiment of the holidays. It’s that time of the year to stop and to think about others. To donate toys to the less fortunate and to search for the perfect gift for a loved one for the holidays. And on Thanksgiving it’s a time of reflection. Time to ponder the traditional question of “What am I thankful for?”
The vast majority of us are thankful to have our families and our friends. At the Meadowmere, that includes our guests. As life flows through the years, it teaches us that these relationships are the most important. The tradition of coming together for quality time with loved ones puts a sparkle in the air.
Turkey Day is here again and at our hotel in Ogunquit we welcome the tradition of families gathering at Meadowmere to enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner in New England. There are countless dinner preparations across America – we all carry on our own traditions – but the most common ingredient is the Turkey. Roasted Turkey, Deep-Fried Turkey or Smoked Turkey – which ever you prefer – served ‘round the dinner table with family and friends. Yup that’s what Thanksgiving is really about.
At the Meadowmere Resort, we’re honored to be a part of such family traditions. We see these gatherings year round and especially during the holiday season. Our family resort offers warm hospitality with outstanding amenities for all ages to enjoy. Whether your Maine family vacation falls on Thanksgiving or just around Turkey Day, our hotel in Ogunquit is here to share where you can find the best Thanksgiving celebrations in Southern Maine!
Top Six Thanksgivings from our hotel in Ogunquit
1. Warm up for Lunch with Village Food Market’s Tuscan Turkey Panini with roasted red peppers, spinach, basil mayo on a multi-grain foccacia.
2. Hop into Cornerstone for Maine’s greatest selection of craft beer and enjoy their Lanewood Hearth Baked Sandwich featuring Turkey Bacon, avocado, aged cheddar, arugula and roasted red pepper aioli all heated up in the wood burning hearth.
3. The Maine Diner offers you Thanksgiving any day of the year with their Roast Turkey, sausage stuffing and all the trimmings at this iconic restaurant featured on “Diners Dives and Drive Ins”
4. Ogunquit’s own diner offers memories of Thanksgivings past with their Hot Open Faced Turkey Sandwich oven roasted turkey a top Sourdough Bread and smothered with gravy. A favorite recipe for Turkey Day leftovers at Bessie’s Diner!
5. A taste of turkey breast and homemade stuffing is offered year round at the Bull n Claw with their LiteBite options perfect for any budget!
6. In addition to Turkey Burgers and Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner Duffy’s in Kennebunk, Maine offers their Turkey Cobb Salad year round topped with bacon, blue cheese crumbles, tomato’s and egg.
Turkey Day isn’t all about the Turkey so we’re going to throw in On the Marsh and their Butternut Squash Ravioli – it’s fitting right? Cooked with Sage Brown Butter, Caramelized Onions, Bourbon Pears, Parmesan and Walnuts you’ll have to give this twist on the classic side a try.