From the Meadow
Sugar, Spice and Everything Autumn!
So Nice! Crisp Fall Air and Fantastic Festivals Abound!
The days are getting shorter - so enjoy every minute in Ogunquit.
At the Meadowmere, we are ready for a fantastic fall season - the perfect time of year to snuggle in a fireplace suite.
October brings us Harvestfest and Ogunquitfest, month long celebrations of crafts, ghostly tours, shopping deals and spooky rides.
Best of all - Fall brings us the return of Gordy, our 1200 pound scarecrow who towers 15 feet at our entrance to welcome you!
Cornstalks, pumpkins, gourds and our famous Bed to Beach race. Come cheer on the Meadowmere team October 22-24th and cast a vote for Gordy as Ogunquit's Best Scarecrow. Grab a sweater, some homemade mulled cider and the camera - It's foliage season in Maine!
The sunshine has been plentiful - A big THANK YOU to all who join us and Happy Travels!
The Meadowmere Family
Across the Meadow Fall 2010
Fall into Savings with Our Affordable Package Deals!
The nip in the air reminds us that great deals await you at the Meadowmere. Enjoy your home away from home and visit Ogunquit on a special getaway!
Eat, Drink, Be Merry
Experience Ogunquit's Dining Getaway
- Weekend Dining Escape - Kickoff with a wine and cheese welcome, tickle the taste buds at your choice of Jonathan's Restaurant, Old Village Inn or MC Perkins Cove and enjoy breakfast each morning. No need to rush, your weekend escape includes a late checkout too! Click to book a Weekend Dining package today.
- Midweek Dining Saver - Choose one or two nights with dinner included and extended check out during the quiet of the slower season Sunday thru Thursday nights with us. Click to book a Midweek Dining package.
Make Me A Chef
Find Your Top Chef on a Stonewall Kitchen Cooking / Spa Adventure!
- Take your sweetie or gather the girlfriends and come enjoy two nights in Ogunquit for some fun. Choose your culinary course to enjoy a meal, cooking tips and recipes from Stonewall Kitchen - then shop with discounts at the signature flagship store. Afterward, relax with a spa treatment and a dip in the Roman Spa. Get a Taste of Maine when in Ogunquit! Click to book a Culinary Getaway today.
Mind, Body, Spirit
Enlighten, Energize, Enjoy
- Take a deep breathe and relax into our Wellness and Spa escape. Enjoy two nights, hour long massage, yoga for any level and wellness consultation. Breathe in, breathe out and recharge at our Ogunquit resort. Click to book a Spa Package today.
Round Up the Girls, It's Time to Play!
- Shopping! Savings! Dining! Spa! From moms and daughters to best friends, get the girls together for a fantastic getaway. Enjoy special coupons to the Kittery Outlets and your choice of a dining/shopping, spa/shopping or culinary/shopping adventure for two nights. Friends are forever! Call to book a Girlfriends Getaway 800-633-8718.
Fans Get Fabulous Specials
- Be first to get our last minute deals. From special coupons to free spa treatments to complimentary dinner - fans know first. Thanks to our over 500 fans for sharing great photos, memories and laughs!
Think Ogunquit is the perfect destination?
Plan your family reunion, corporate meeting or wedding at our Ogunquit resort.
- Customize your menus, over 3,000 sq ft of meeting space and Maine's top wedding reception locations surround the hotel. Contact Group Sales for 2011 dates at or visit us at the Celebrations by the Sea Show in Ogunquit on November 14th.
Ogunquit by the Sea Fall 2010
Best in Show! Fall in Maine Means Festivals!
Maine festivals are Autumn traditions and fun for everyone. Enjoy the best of this season's colors in Ogunquit!
October Celebrations All Month Long
- HarvestFest October 15-17th: Beer tastings, arts and crafts, kettle corn, a real Indian Pow-Wow. Enjoy live music, hayrides, an ox roast, side walk art show and the popular corn-toss challenge. Resort, dining and spa stays available. Click to book today!
- OgunquitFest October 22-24th: Scarecrows dot the streets and there's a surprise for everyone! Gordy greets you at the Meadowmere as you enjoy the haunted house, ghostly tours, high heel dash and famous Bed-to-Beach Race! Will Team Meadowmere take back the Championship this year? Come cheer us on! Make your reservations early! Click to book today!
- Get Lost . . . At Zach's Corn Maze! All month long, wander the maze during the day. A fall tradition, see if you can beat this mind bending labyrinth. And when the sun goes down, the fun continues. Get your flashlights ready for a hair raising walk thru the maze at night. Tag! You're It! Be sure to visit Zach's Maze - Click for details.
- Columbus Day by the Sea October 8-11th: Sidewalk sales, family fun and live music - what better way to say goodbye to the season? Get razzle-dazzled at the Ogunquit Playhouse with CHICAGO. Jazz it up with Suede live Upstairs at Jonathan's. Get cozy with happy hour at the West Meadow Pub. Let loose and relax with our hot tub and Roman Spa. Resort stays and dining packages available - Click to book your holiday getaway.
Can't make October?
No worries! The Meadowmere is open year round - Come see us for Haunted Hallows Escape, Thanksgiving Gobbler Getaways, Christmas by the Sea Festivals and our ever popular New Year's Eve Celebration!
Quick Trips to Ogunquit Maine Fall 2010
Check out these dates for your fall foliage escape!
October - All month enter our Great Pumpkin Getaway!
- October 7th - Leo Kottke Upstairs at Jonathan's
- October 8-11th - Columbus Day Celebration - Book now!
- October 10th - Live Jazz with Suede Upstairs at Jonathan's
- October 13th - Chicago is still razzle-dazzling at the Playhouse
- October 15-17th - HarvestFest in York, Maine - Book now!
- October 16th - KidsFest! Celebrating Maine's littlest fans!
- October 22-24th - 7th Annual OgunquitFest - Book now!
- October 24-31st - Maine Restaurant Week - Yummy!
- October 29-31st - Top Guest Weekend October 29th - Maine's funny man returns! Bob Marley live at Jonathan's
- October 30th - Deanna Bogart Upstairs at Jonathan's
November - All month get special Kittery Outlet & Freeport Coupons!
- November 1-9th - Ogunquit Restaurant Week - Delicious!
- November 12-14th - Veteran's Day Weekend -Book now!
- November 13th - Jessie Colin Young at Jonathan's
- November 14th - 2nd Annual Ogunquit Wedding Show
- November 19-21st - Top Guest Weekend
- November 25-28th - Celebrate Thanksgiving in Ogunquit - Book now!
- November 25th - Midnight Madness at the Kittery Outlets
December - Watch the Mail! Santa Delivers Top Guest Rewards for 2011!
- December 3-5th - Christmas Prelude Kennebunkport - Book early!
- December 10-12th - Christmas by the Sea Ogunquit - Book now!
- December 17-19th - Top Guest Weekend
- December 24-30th - Holiday School Break - Book now!
- December 30- January 1 - New Year's Eve by the Sea! Always a sell out - Book today!
Taste of Maine . . . At Home This Fall 2010
Chef Melissa's Potato Pancake with Roasted Vegetables from Clay Hil Farm
Clay Hill Farm is an award-winning restaurant on eleven private acres just minutes from the Meadowmere and has been a guest favorite for many years. Did you know the restaurant is first in the country to be a certified wildlife habitat and bird sanctuary? Clay Hill Farm is a Maine Environmental Leader property and they are committed to offering the very best in seasonal and local fare. These yummy pancakes are the perfect cozy option now that Fall is here! Enjoy!
1 pound russet potatoes
1/2 white onion
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup mayo
1 T Horseradish
Favorite Fall Vegetables - Bell peppers and mushrooms are some of our favorites
- Grate potato & onion with egg & flour
- Add salt & pepper
- Squeeze out excess liquid
- In skillet with hot oil, put in half of the mixture and spread to cover the bottom of pan. Flip to brown both sides.
- Repeat with rest of mixture
- Set aside on cookie sheet
- Toss with olive oil, salt & pepper and roast your favorite vegetables in the oven at 375 °
Horseradish aioli to drizzle over top
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 T prepared horseradish
Reheat pancake, top w/ veggies & drizzle with sauce
Discover the Heart of Ogunquit, Year Round by the Sea
Are you the new Winter 2010 Winner of a 2-Night Escape to the Meadowmere Resort?
Click Here to Find Out!
We don't want you to miss out on your regular From the Meadow updates or your opportunity to win a free Ogunquit vacation. If you are changing your email address, please give us your old and new email address at .
Please feel free to forward this newsletter to any friends you think need a relaxing vacation by the sea. They can also enter our quarterly sweepstakes by visiting us at our website: www.meadowmere.com
Book Your Vacation Today Online or call us and we will be happy to assist you: 1-800-633-8718.
Like us on Facebook or Follow our hotel at @OgunquitResort on Twitter
Please note: We appreciate your readership and respect your privacy. We absolutely do not sell or exchange email addresses or any subscriber information. As a subscriber to From the Meadow updates you are always automatically entered in four sweepstakes drawings each year and may receive information periodically on internet specials, birthday and anniversary wishes from us.