From the Meadow
Let Autumn Sweep You Away . . .
. . . to the Heart of Ogunquit!
The temperature is dropping, the leaves are falling and the summer games have come to a close - but that doesn't mean the fun has to end.
Fall festivities are in full swing at the Meadowmere. Harvestfest, high heel races and the annual Bed to Beach run are just a quick drive away. Enjoy the rich red and gold foliage as you unwind beside the West Meadow flagstone fireplace, sipping our homemade cider.
With live concerts, great shopping and fantastic package deals - There is no place better to celebrate the season than Ogunquit. Join us this Fall at the Meadowmere!
The Meadowmere Family
Across the Meadow Fall 2012
Gobbler Getaway - Let's Talk Turkey! November 21-25
This year, let us treat you to a special Thanksgiving getaway! Skip housing out-of-town guests and slaving away in the kitchen - gather the clan and book your package now. Soon enough, you will be relaxing in the Roman Spa with pools, Tv Room and spa treatments at your finger tips. Enjoy a hearty breakfast each morning, delicious traditional Thanksgiving meal at Jonathan's and special Outlet shopping deals. Have the picturesque New England Thanksiving with all the trimmings . . . and relax!
- Resort accommodations 2-4 nights
- Traditional Thanksgiving dinner
- Breakfast each morning
- Kittery Outlets & Freeport Outlets coupons
Click to book your Thanksgiving Day Package - Gobble, Gobble!
The Great Pumpkin Contest Returns! October 1-31
Bippity boppity - boo! Our Great Pumpkin may not be big enough to be Cinderella's carriage, but it sure is heavy. Thorough the month of October, stay at the Meadowmere and guess the weight of our Great Pumpkin for a chance to win a complimentary stay.
Competition end on the 31st at the stroke of midnight, so click to book your spot today!
Girls Getaways - Over $500 in Coupons and Your Choice of Resort, Dining or Spa!
Every gal needs a break now and then with friends. Indulge in a bit of retail therapy, relax with a massage and even treat yourself to the last Maine lobster of the season. With our Girlfriend Getaway packages you choose: Shopping, Shop 'n' Dine or Shop 'n' Spa. Cash in on special Kittery Outlet deals, yoga discounts, spa and massage treatments and more. Don't wait - Call your girlfriends and get going!
Click to book your Girl's Getaway and enjoy the deals!
Meadowmere Corporate Retreats
Open year round, the Meadowmere is located an easy one hour or less drive from 3 major airports (Boston, MA; Portland, ME & Manchester, NH). With dozens amenities at close range and Jonathan's meeting space, the Meadowmere is ready to welcome your offsite corporate meeting and retreat.
- 144 Guest Rooms & 7 Meeting Spaces
- One Hour North of Boston
- Restaurant & Pub onsite
- Team building programs
- 3 Golf courses, surfing, kayaking & onsite day spa
- Complimentary wireless internet access
- Off season conference rates as low as $79.95
Click to learn more about Corporate Meetings in Ogunquit
Stay in touch with Daily Happenings, Meadowmere Offers & Facebook!
Every vacation comes to an end, but now you can stay connected to the Meadowmere year round, every day. "Like" us on Facebook and stay "in the know" with Twitter specials and daily happenings. There's so many ways to stay in touch with the 'Mere!
Get Meadowmere Daily updates to your phone during your vacation - It's easy! Just text '@MeadowmereDaily' to '40404'. Unsubscribe when you check out until your next stay.
Become a Facebook Fan for updates, contests, tickets and offers, click here.
Follow on Twitter @OgunquitResort for fun or text '@MeadowmereOffer' to '40404' for specials.
Check in at our FourSquare page, click here.
Off Season Renovations & Celebrations are in the Works!
Stay tuned to Facebook & Newletters for updates on our 30th season with you!
Ogunquit by the Sea Fall 2012
OgunquitFest High Heels, Bed Races & Scarecrows - October 19-21
Where can you find classic Corvettes, giant scarecrows and racing beds? Only at the 9th Annual OgunquitFest!
Grab your best stilettos for Ogunquit's famous high heel dash, don your Halloween costume for the parade and enjoy (if you dare!) a ghostly tour. Remember to cast your vote for the best scarecrow and cheer on the Meadowmere Team in the Bed to Beach Race!
Click to book your OgunquitFest fun.
Haunted Hallows Escape - October 26-28
This Hallowween weekend, join us at the Meadowmere for our Haunt Hallows Escape - It's a frightfully good time. Take a ghost tour of York's historic sites and graveyards and stroll Marginal Way in hopes of glancing the ghost of the Isadora. Enjoy a calming wine welcome, hauntingly good breakfast and devilishly delicious dinner on the dining getaway . . . and a full moon will laugh 'tis Halloween near!
Enchanted? Intrigued? Click for Your Ghoulishly Good Dining Package.
Celebrations by the Sea November 11
With picturesque beauty and a stunning ocean backdrop, Ogunquit is quintessential romance. Let the experts at Ogunquit's Annual Wedding Planning show help you make your dream come true. Featuring experienced local vendors, live entertainment, refreshments and more.
Meet us there! The Meadowmere will be there -to learn more about our wedding services, click here.
Jonathan's Fall Concerts & New Year's Celebration
Enjoy dinner and live music right next door. A quick minute from your room, Jonathan's concerts feature award winnng artists, intimate venue, fine food and friendly atmosphere. This season's lineup includes songwriter Janis Ian, comedian Suzanne Westenhoeffer, pop/blues phenomenon Suede, folk icon Judy Collins and more. Then let the year end and kick off the next with Jonathan's famous New Year's Party on our special package.
Click to book your hotel accommodations today!
Quick Trips to Ogunquit Maine Fall 2012
Check out these dates for your Maine vacation!
September/October - OgunquitFest Kicks Off
- September 28-29: Fireball Run 2012
- September 30: Joan Osbourne Concert
- October 1-31: OgunquitFest Scarecrow Contest
- October 4: AG, Garrison Starr & Maia Sharp Concert
- October 5: Suzanne Westenhoeffer Comedy Show
- October 5-8: Columbus Day Getaways
- October 7: Suede Concert
- October 12-14: HarvestFest
- October 19-21: OgunquitFest Celebration Weekend!
- October 26: Art & Mia Concert
- October 26-28: Haunted Hallows Escape
- Ocotber 26-28: Guest Appreciation Weekend
November - Celebrations & Thanksgiving
November 1-30: November is for Shopping Specials
- November 2: Chris Smither Concert
- November 9-11: Veteran's Weekend
- November 9: Janis Ian Concert
- November 11: Celebrations by the Sea Wedding Show
- November 11: John McCutcheon Concert
- November 16-18: Guest Appreciation Weekend
- November 16: Jay Ungar & Molly Mason Concert
- November 23: Bob Marley Comedy Show
- November 24: Judy Collins Concert
- November 21-25: Thanksgiving Gobbler Getaways
December - Holidays by the Sea!
- December 1-24: Holiday Happiness Shopping Specials
- November 30-December 2: Christmas Prelude
- December 7-9: Christmas by the Sea Festival
- December 14-16: Guest Appreciation Weekend
- December 23-25: Merry Christmas!
- December 23-30: Make the Grade School Vacation Getaways
- December 30-January 1: New Year's Celebration by the Sea!
Quick Trips - Fall Package Getaways
- Eat Drink Be Merry - Our Most Popular Dining Package Returns!
- Make Me A Chef - Interactive Culinary & Spa Getaway
- Mind Body Spirit - Spa & Wellness Package
- Columbus Day Getaway - Spend a Long Weekend in Maine!
- Thanksgiving Gobbler Getaway - All the Tradition by the Sea
Taste of Maine . . . At Home This Fall 2012
Arrow's Classic Pot Roast
Arrows is the flagship restaurant of James Beard Award Winning Chefs, Mark Gaier and Clark Frasier. It has been named 14th in "America's Top 50 Restaurants 2006" by Gourmet Magazine and "One of America's 10 Most Romantic Restaurants" by Bon Appetit. A gourmet gem in Ogunquit's restaurant scene, this super easy dish it from Mark & Clark's Maine Classics Cookbook. While the cooking time is long, just start it in the morning in a slow cooker and and you can come home to a cozy, delicious meal as the seasons change.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (5 pound) chuck roast
- 8 ounces beek or pork fat
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound celery, sliced
- 2 pounds Spanish onions, sliced
- 8 cups (64 ounces) chicken or beef stock
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomatoes in juice
- 1 pint dark ale
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper on aluminum foil
- Roll the roast in the seasoned flour
- Melt the fat in a large casserole dish and brown the roast with the vegetables
- Add the stock, tomatoes and ale.
- If cooking on the stove top, cook for 2 hours on medium heat. If cooking in the oven, preheat oven to 300 degrees F and cook until a fork goes into the roast very easily, about 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove the roast from the casserole dish and slice.
- Serve sliced roast with roasted vegetables and brasiing liquid as garnish
Discover the Heart of Ogunquit, Year Round by the Sea
Are you the Fall 2012 Winner of a 2-Night Escape to the Meadowmere Resort?
Click Here to Find Out!
We don't want you to miss out on your regular From the Meadow updates or your opportunity to win a free Ogunquit vacation. If you are changing your email address, please give us your old and new email address at .
Please feel free to forward this newsletter to any friends you think need a relaxing vacation by the sea. They can also enter our quarterly sweepstakes by visiting us at our website:www.meadowmere.com
Book Your Vacation Today Online or call us and we will be happy to assist you: 1-800-633-8718.
Like us on Facebook or Follow our hotel at@OgunquitResort on Twitter
Please note: We appreciate your readership and respect your privacy. We absolutely do not sell or exchange email addresses or any subscriber information. As a subscriber to From the Meadow updates you are always automatically entered in four sweepstakes drawings each year and may receive information periodically on internet specials, birthday and anniversary wishes from us.