From the Meadow
Hoorrrayyyy! Spring is finally here!
The birds are chirping and flowers are blooming!
Spring is in the air with the sun shining bright and the warm breeze melting away the last of winter. It's time to melt away that cabin fever too.
Come relax with us by the indoor pool, roman spa - Or start Spring off right with a fabulous spa treatment by Your Body Works - Or make that annual Marginal Way trip. So much to enjoy!
This Spring season, our annual Hospitality for Habitat and Marginal Way Stays return. And you are never far from your Meadowmere family if you join us on Facebook.
Spring brings weddings, graduations and more. Still searching for a great gift? Share the Meadowmere! Contact us for gift certificates in just the right amount and give the gift of Ogunquit.
Happy Travels & Three Cheers for Spring!
The Meadowmere Family
Across the Meadow Spring 2013
Take Flight or Take a Dip . . .
It's that time of year again - Ogunquit opens for the season with festivals & more!
Go Jump in the Pool
At the Meadowmere, we are always up to something. And many of you have noticed the major renovations at our Main Entrance. The Outdoor Pool amenity is being completely renovated. Opening in May 2013, the new pool space includes cafe seating, eco-bamboo fencing, ADA accessibility, rinse shower and twice the water in a friendly rectangular shape. So please join us this Memorial Day and take a dip!
Country Squire Opens Its Doors
Our bi-annual resort wide deep cleaning brings the opening of the Country Squire building for 2013. Our popular seasonal building returns to limited service April 12th - Just in time for your Patriot's Day celebrations and school vacation - and full service May 3rd.
Remember to make your Apartment Suite reservations early for this seasonal favorite location - It's fully renovated!
Country Squire reservations are available by calling 1-800-633-8718.
Summer Reservations Heat Up
Our Om & Foam Surfing Package and Playhouse Package have returned - a sure sign that summer is coming. Beach balls and sun tan lotion won't be far behind.
Planning the family trip - Reserve our guest favorite Family Suites and West locations soon. They are almost sold out!
It is our pleasure to help you make your reservations for the summer season. Book now for your favorite room type.
Click to book your Maine get away today!
Appreciation Weekends Continue Making A Difference
Appreciation Weekend celebrates our guest family helping to make a difference. Over $2,000 was donated last year and already almost $1,000 has gone to charities this year.
Our 2013 Appreciation Weekends are Good Stays, Doing Good. They continue with dates in April, November and December. Stay with us this year and you may be able to join us for these very special weekend dates next year!
Join us on Facebook to keep up on our giving news!
Take Flight This Spring!
Feel the rush of a Zip Line. Have a thrill walking a tight rope course. We've seen this up close - It's fun for all ages at the Take Flight Aerial Adventure Park in Kittery, Maine.
Planning a corporate meeting in Maine? Take Flight offers special meetings packages for Meadowmere corporate events. Make your team building fun and special. Custom catering, dedicated onsite contacts and complimentary wireless make meetings a value. Contact Event Sales to plan your next Corporate Meeting and to learn more about upcoming event specials, including Take Flight Aerial Adventures.
Eat Drink Be Merry Midweek in Ogunquit!
Our Midweek Dining package includes a breakfast basket filled with scrumptious muffins, scones, assorted fruit, blueberry jam and Orange Juice. It's the perfect way to start off your morning. Then enjoy the day and return to a delicious dinner at your choice of three restaurants.
Arrival Sunday - Thursday thru June 30th. Restaurants based on availability. Click to book your dining package today!
Ogunquit by the Sea Spring 2013
Stay and Enjoy Spring Savings!
As the temperatures warm up, Ogunquit awaits for you to enjoy. Grab the swimsuit and take a fun, relaxing getaway.
Celebrate Patriot's Day in Ogunquit!
Ogunquit's Patriot's Day Festival is the place to be this April. Come enjoy the weekend with historical characters walking the streets, mustering, craft show, re-enactments, kids' carnival, cookouts, Taste of the Town and much more.
Sure there are marathon crowds and baseball games - but there is family fun in Ogunquit. You don't want to miss it!
Patriot's Day Celebrations April 12-14 starting at $114.95 per night. Plus April School Vacation deals continue all week long starting at $89.95. Click for more.
Spring into Family Fun - April Vacation Just Ahead!
With much anticipation, Spring arrives. When the kids are on vacation, it's time to pack up the car and explore together. Bring everyone to the Meadowmere where there is lots to do. From swimming, the game room and TV room to walking Marginal Way, shopping Kittery Outlets and paddle boarding Ogunquit River - the kids will have a blast. Be sure to ask about local activities for the whole family. Rates starting at $89.95 midweek.
And for extra savings, check out our Make the Grade Program. If your son or daughter received straight A's, pack the report card - you can receive 20% off stays of 3 nights or more during school vacation. Restrictions apply.
Click for April Vacation Reservations.
Picks for Your May Escape:
Mother's Day Celebration
Tee &Sea Golf Getaways
Victoria Day Weekend
Memorial Day Weekend
Hospitality for Habitat
Marginal Way Stays
Pop! Up to Ogunquit to Enjoy June's Art Festival
June brings even more to enjoy in Ogunquit. From Restaurant Week deals to celebrating dear old Dad, there's a reason to head to the beach. Join us for two of our favorite's June 7-9:
Kennebunkport's Food Wine Arts Festival. Just a short drive from the Meadowmere, enjoy local art, Maine cuisine, tours of local inns and live music under a tent by the sea. From celebrity chefs to champagne tastings, this festival is a sophisticatedweekend celebration of Maine's wonderful food and art.
Join us for Kennebunkport's Food Wine Art Festival with packages starting at $199.95 per night. Click for details.
World Ocean Weekend. Take a behind the scenes tour of our environmental programs - including solar panels, ozone, recycling and the Global Soap Project. Learn how our eco-efforts make a difference in preserving Ogunquit and more. Click for details.
Picks for Your June Escape:
Food Wine Art Festival
World Ocean Weekend
Father's Day Packages
Om&Foam Surfing Getaways
Quick Trips to Ogunquit Maine Spring 2013
Check out these dates for your upcoming Maine vacation - Spring's hopping!
April - Flowers & Festivals!
- April 5: Holly Near Concert
- April 5-7: Appreciation Weekend
- April 12-14: Patriot's Day Festival
- April 13: All Together Now Beatles Concert
- April 14-21: School Vacation Week
- April 19: Darol Anger & The Furies Concert
- April 26: April Verch Concert
- April 28 - May 16: Hospitality for Habitat
May - Celebrations & Long Weekends
- May 1-23: Marginal Way Stays
- May 3-5: Cinco de Mayo Weekend
- May 3-5: Southern Maine AIDS Walk/Run
- May 10-12: Mother Day Spa & Dining Packages
- May 11: Peter Case Concert
- May 17-19: Victoria Day Weekend
- May 18-19: Breathe NH Bike Race
- May 24-27: Memorial Day Packages
- May 25: Judy Collins Concert
- May 26: Suede Concert
- May 30: Spyro Gyra Concert
June - Summer by the Sea Begins!
- June 4: Ottmar Liebert & Luna Nerga Concert
- June 7-9: Kennebunkport Art Festival
- June 7-9: World Ocean Weekend - Resort Eco Tours & More
- June 14-16: Father's Day Golf & Dining Packages
- June 14: Buffy Saint-Marie Concert
- June 22: Ben Taylor Concert
- June 27: Bob Marley Comedy Show
- June 28-30: Strawberry Festival South Berwick
July - Celebrate Independence Day by the Sea - Book early for your spot!
- July 3-7: July 4th Celebration - Fireworks, Music & More
Quick Trips - Spring Package Getaways
- Eat Drink Be Merry - Our Classic Dining Escape
- Make Me A Chef - Our Interactive Culinary/Spa Package for Foodies
- Mind Body Spirit - Massage, Yoga & Wellness Package
- A Mainely Romance - Ogunquit Honeymoon Getaway
- Tee & Sea Golf Getaways - Fore! It's time to tee up & head to Maine!
Taste of Maine . . . At Home This Spring 2013
Stonewall Kitchen's Wild Maine Blueberry Tartlets
- 1/2 cup whipping or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Champagne Jam or Wild Maine Blueberry Jam
- 4 ounces Mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 30 mini Phyllo cups (prebake follow package instructions)
- Garnish-small blueberry, candied lemon peel, or whipped cream with a small mint leaf.
- Whisk cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Gently heat Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Champagne Jam or Wild Maine Blueberry Jam in a small saucepan or in the microwave making sure it is smooth, but not too hot.
- Combine Mascarpone cheese and jam until uniform. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place blueberry filling in a pastry bag fitted with a large tip. Fill each pastry cup.
- Garnish with a small blueberry, candied lemon peel, or whipped cream with a small mint leaf and enjoy!
Discover the Heart of Ogunquit, Year Round by the Sea
Are you the new Spring 2013 Winner of a 2-Night Escape to the Meadowmere Resort?
Click Here to Find Out!
We don't want you to miss out on your regular From the Meadow updates or your opportunity to win a free Ogunquit vacation. If you are changing your email address, please give us your old and new email address at .
Please feel free to forward this newsletter to any friends you think need a relaxing vacation by the sea. They can also enter our quarterly sweepstakes by visiting us at our website:www.meadowmere.com
Book Your Vacation Today Online or call us and we will be happy to assist you: 1-800-633-8718.
Like us on Facebook or Follow our hotel at@OgunquitResort on Twitter
Please note: We appreciate your readership and respect your privacy. We absolutely do not sell or exchange email addresses or any subscriber information. As a subscriber to From the Meadow updates you are always automatically entered in four sweepstakes drawings each year and may receive information periodically on internet specials, birthday and anniversary wishes from us.