From the Meadow
The Meadowmere Resort Celebrates 30 years of Hospitality by the Sea!
The 2013 summer season kicks off with our new outdoor pool and cafe area. It's time to enjoy our 30th season. Did you know:
- The Meadowmere opened in 1983 with only one amenity - The indoor pool
- The Meadowmere is a top point holder for Maine's Environmental Leader program
- The resort's 48 solar panels produce up to 70% of our hot water needs
- The Meadowmere is the largest recycler in Ogunquit
- The resort's Learn to Surf getaway is the only surfing package in Maine
- The resort's famous Anniversary Rum Punch was introduced for our 21st Birthday - and is still going strong!
Just 1 hour from Boston and 5 hours from New York City, come be yourself and be here this summer. Discover the Heart of Ogunquit - Enjoy Maine hospitality at the Meadowmere.
The Meadowmere Family
Across the Meadow Summer 2013
Announcing the New Outdoor Pool Experience
Summer brings the return of the outdoor pool at the Ogunquit hotel in a big way. Doubling in size, incorporating our green practices and adding the luxurious touches of cabana and cafe seating. All we ask is that you sit down and enjoy. We'll bring the rum punches to you.
Our new outdoor pool experience includes the opportunity for private events for your corporate outing. Contact Sales at email@example.com for more details.
Take Your Picture by the Pool for Pinterest
When you stay this season, take your picture by the new pool at our Ogunquit hotel and share it. After all, you'll be the first to jump in!
Tweet you photo using #meadowmere to @OgunquitResort. Share it on Facebook and Google+. Show us just how much fun you had. We're sharing by building a Pinterest Board of Summer Fun!
2013 Governor's Eco-Excellence Award Winner - The Meadowmere
And the winner is . . . Our Ogunquit hotel has received the 2013 Governor's Environmental Excellence Award for our many green practices, eco-education efforts and environmentally friendly charities. This award builds on our Ogunquit hotel being named the 2012 ecomaine Business of the Year and our recent designation as a Trip Advisor's Green Leader, Gold Level.
Come join us for Eco-Tours during the June 7-9 World Ocean Weekend to see how our Ogunquit hotel is making a good stay green. In partnership with:
- Marginal Way Foundation
- Take Flight Aerial Adventures
- Youth Enrichment Center at Hilton Winn Farm
Have our green practicies inspired you? Share how with us!
Wedding Bells Are Ringing
Our Ogunquit resort is a favorite for weddings in Maine. Help us share the news by submitting your Maine wedding review by September 1st to the Knot Best of Weddings. Click to submit a review.
Planning a Maine wedding? Congratulations! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to plan a wedding in Maine with us. Learn more about a Maine wedding by clicking here.
Ogunquit by the Sea Summer 2013
Be You, Be Here this Season
Make the trip to Maine and come enjoy yourself. Discover the Heart of Ogunquit and connect to what you love about Maine.
The All American Maine Experience
Fireworks at Ogunquit Beach with a Lobstah Roll - Ayuh! Join us for July 4th fun with music and celebrations at Ogunquit Beach main parking lot. With sandcastle contests and Ogunquit's Famous Fireworks on July 4th, you'll enjoy the All-American Maine-ah Experience this summer. Park at the hotel and walk to Ogunquit Beach to enjoy the festivities.
Click for July 4th Reservations Today.
The Rock Star Maine Experience
Live at Jonathan's all season - outstanding concerts. When visiting Ogunquit Maine, this intimate venue featuring fan favorite artists and entertainers is steps from your room. So enjoy the sunshine poolside by day and rock out to live music at night in Ogunquit Maine. From the Black Lillies to Bob Marley, Paula Poundstone to Ben Talyor. Get your groove on in Ogunquit Maine and see a rock star.
The Outdoor Adventure Maine Experience
Dive right in and have a Maine adventure this summer. Our Ogunquit hotel is home to Maine's only surfing package escape and all the bragging rights that go with it! Including all surfing gear, Liquid Dreams surfing lesson, accommodations, breakfast and extended 1pm departure. And just for riding the waves, the Meadowmere Resort will make a donation to the Surfrider Foundation for each night package stay.
Click for Surfing in Maine packages.
The Sophisticated Maine Experience
Little black dress. Summer sportcoat. Theatre tickets. Romantic dinner. Our Ogunquit Playhouse Package returns for the season. Swinging from kicking off the season with the Rat Pack, its curtains up at the Ogunquit Playhouse for an outstanding season of summer stock theatre. Ogunquit Playhouse packages include accommodations, premier seating tickets, Jonathan's romantic dinner, breakfast and extended 1pm departure.
Click for Ogunquit Playhouse packages.
Quick Trips to Ogunquit Maine Summer 2013
Check out these dates for your Maine vacation - Summer's in Season!
June - Festivals, Flowers and Fun by the Sea
- June 7-9: World Ocean Weekend Celebration
- June 14-16: Father's Day Weekend - Treat Pops to an Escape!
- June 14: Buffy Saint-Marie Concert
- June 22: Ben Taylor Concert
- June 23: Wells Antique Show, Laudholm Farm
- June 27: Bob Marley Comedy Show
- June 29: Portland LobsterFest
- June 29: Strawberry Festival, South Berwick
- July 1-5: Ogunquit July 4th Celebration. Music, fireworks & more!
- July 5: The Black Lillies Concert
- July 6: Cheryl Wheeler Concert
- July 7: John Lennon Re-imagined The Nutopians Concert
- July 10: Jorma Kaukonen Concert
- July 12: Livingston Taylor Concert
- July 13: Vienna Teng Concert
- July 13: Andy Warhol Preview Party
- July 14: Leon Russell Concert
- July 19 & 20: Paula Poundstone Comedy Shows
- July 26: James Montgomery Concert
- July 27: Jonathan Edwards Concert
- July 28: Sarah Jarosz Concert
- July 27-August 4: York Days & Lighting of the Nubble
August - Summer Sizzles in Ogunquit!
- August 3: Peter Yarrow Concert
- August 9: Ryan Montbleau Band Concert
- August 10: Jimmy Keys Comedy & Concert
- August 11: Tuck and Patti Concert
- August 16: J. Geils, Jeff Pitchell, Gerry Beaudoin & Texas Flood Concert
- August 18: Buckwheat Zydeco Concert
- August 22: Annual Ogunquit Sidewalk Art Show & Sale
- August 23: Leon Redbone Concert
- August 24: Ogunquit Museum of American Art - Art by the Sea
- September 1: Tom Rush Concert
- August 30 - September 2: Labor Day Weekend & Kittery Outlet Sale
- September 2-15: Capriccio Ogunquit Festival of Music, Art & Theater
- September 13-15: Maine Lighthouse Day Weekend
- September 20-22: PunkinFiddle Festival, Laudholm Farm
- September 21: Judy Collins Concert
Rain or Shine Activities this Summer
Laudholm Farm Music Fest, Ogunquit Playhouse Children's Theatre, Ogunquit Heritage Museum, Seashore Trolley Museum, York's Ghostly Tours, York's Wild Kingdom Zoo & Amusement Park, Funtown/Splashtown USA, Stonewall Kitchen Cooking School, Ogunquit Barn Gallery, Ogunquit Museum of American Art and more. Pack those bags - It's time for summer vacation!
Book online today at Meadowmere.com
Taste of Maine . . . At Home This Summer 2013
Cornerstone's Artichoke & Cucumber Medley Salad
Pizza and beer has grown up at Cornerstone. Enjoy gourmet stone oven pizza and hand crafted local and imported beer. From house made sausage to fresh Maine lobster to local produce on home made dough, Cornerstone pairs each option with craft beer for optimum flavor combinations.
Our friends at Cornerstone shared with us their delicious summer salad. A Mediterranean style dish perfect for your summer BBQ or to enjoy on their new patio seating in Ogunquit. With a refreshing Maine brewed beer, of course. Ahhh - a pefect go-to salad for a warm summer day!
- 1.5 pounds Artichoke hearts (best fresh but canned works in a pinch!)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 skinned and seeded cucumbers sliced
- 2 bunches of scallions sliced thin - whites and all
- 3 sprigs fresh basil chiffonade
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons whole grain Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup olive oil (use the good EVOO!)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Serve with strainer spoon
Discover the Heart of Ogunquit, Year Round by the Sea
Are you the new Summer 2013 Winner of a 2-Night Escape to the Meadowmere Resort?
Click Here to Find Out!
We don't want you to miss out on your regular From the Meadow updates or your opportunity to win a free Ogunquit vacation. If you are changing your email address, please give us your old and new email address at .
Book Your Vacation Today Online or call 1-800-633-8718.
Blog at www.ogunquitbeachmaine.com
Like us on Facebook
Plus us on Google+
Tweet at @OgunquitResort
Please note: We appreciate your readership and respect your privacy. We absolutely do not sell or exchange email addresses or any subscriber information. As a subscriber to From the Meadow updates you are always automatically entered in four sweepstakes drawings each year and may receive information periodically on internet specials, birthday and anniversary wishes from us.